Summary: The lives of Elizabeth and Mary give us Christmas Hope!
MARY AND ELIZABETH GIVE HOPE
When Jesus Christ came into the world a very special time came into being.
• From His coming through until today, God has dumped the whole bucket of grace upon you.
• We are potentially the most blessed people in the universe.
• The angels were not permitted this blessing.
• The saints of the Old Testament were not permitted this blessing.
In this small window of time, we've been given an opportunity that will never come again in all the infinite duration of eternity.
• The chance to accept God's offer to be Father to us!
• For us to become the Father's own precious and birthed children!
How many can concur with me as I say, "Don't blow this opportunity"?
Satan has invested his major efforts in LYING TO US ABOUT OUR OPPORTUNITY.
• Its not a very large amount of time that is available, compared to 6,000 years of human history and eternity before an after time's beginning.
• The devil has put a lot of effort into this space of time.
• Your life is short.
• He's got to be good if he's going to lie to your mind and succeed.
But he has a formidable foe.
• Satan may be good at lying, but God is better at telling the truth!
• They're not equal foes!
• Grace always abounds more than evil.
So, let's get down to business today…
• We don't have much time left.
• Let's preach the truth!
Luke 1:5-7 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth. And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless. And they had no child, because that Elisabeth was barren, and they both were now well stricken in years.
Luke 1:11-20 And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense. And when Zacharias saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him. But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John. And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth. For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb. And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God. And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord. And Zacharias said unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years. And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings. And, behold, thou shalt be dumb, and not able to speak, until the day that these things shall be performed, because thou believest not my words, which shall be fulfilled in their season.