Summary: Can be used anytime of the year. I. ACKNOWLEDGE THE POWER OF YOUR INFLUENCE II. AVOID THE PITFALLS OF YOUR MASCULINITY III. ARRANGE THE PRIORITIES OF YOUR LIFE IV. ASSUME THE PLACE OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES...Includes link to Formatted Text and PowerPoint
[note: Can be presented in 2 parts am and pm, or condensed as 1 sermon.]
Note: We love people, and try to show it on a holiday such as this more than ever, and yet the Lord has clearly led that if I really love the men of our church, I will bring this challenge today. This is not about the past, so don’t let Satan discourage you...this is about future prevention and present progress!
INTRODUCTION: Most of us have been exposed to the television’s portrayal of MEN BEHAVING BADLY. But I wonder how many of us have been exposed to the Bible’s portrayal of MEN BEHAVING GODLY?
Would you agree with me that what the world needs today is not more men behaving Badly... What the world really needs today is more men behaving Godly.
That is exactly what I want to talk to you about today:
Proverbs 20:6 asks a very sobering question...“But a faithful man- who can find?”
If ever there was a day when our world needed “Faithful Men”... Today is the day!
Today’s message is a message directed specifically toward our men. I am sorry to exclude you ladies today, but I figured none of you would mind if I spent one Sunday morning trying to help your husband, boyfriend, father, brother, son, or Pastor to “shape up!”
NOTE: Now I may need your help today ladies as I try to work on your husbands a little. You may have to take notes for them. Most of them can’t take notes or won’t take notes, so you may have to do it for them.
Listen Men...The men of America need a “wake-up call.” Our world needs us today, more than ever. Our world needs us to be godly men.
• Your wives need you to be a godly man...
• Your children need you to be a godly man...
• Your church needs you to be a godly man...
• Your business needs you to be a godly man...
• Your community and your nation needs you to be a godly man...
What the world really needs today are some “MEN BEHAVING... GODLY!”
I am convinced, if our families are going to survive in the 21st century...They will need strong male leadership to do so. If families are to survive in the 21st century the will have to be led by Godly husbands and fathers. If families are going to survive in the 21st century, men will have to stop behaving Badly and start behaving GODLY.
In previous messages I have told you that the family is the basic building block of all social structures. I have told you, “As the family goes... So goes all of society.” Well let me add to that statement and complete it by saying, “As men go...so goes the family.”
I’m telling you men, the family keys off the leadership of men, and when men are fulfilling their God-give assignment as spiritual leaders in their homes, the home is stable, secure and satisfying.
However, when families crumble and fall apart, it is most often the result of men failing in their God-given roles of spiritual leadership. When men fail, the home falls apart and all of society feels the repercussions.
When men behave Badly...society suffers. When men behave Godly... society is strengthened.
Let me point you to one of many passages that speak directly to the issue of MEN BEHAVING...GODLY. Please open you Bibles to Psalm 112. Let read this powerful passage of scripture that was written by a man... for men.
Notice David is the author of this Psalm:
• David was a Man’s man.... Remember he was the brave lad who killed Goliath and cut off his head. He was a warrior.
• David was a family man...He had the responsibilities of a wife and children. In fact this is one area of David’s life where he produced his greatest failures. Like most men, David allowed other things to distract him from the priority and attention that should have been given to his family.
• David was a business man, a man with great responsibilities... He was one of the most successful kings of all history. He was a builder and an administrator.
• David was a spiritual man... He was “a man after God’s own heart.” David was a leader in temple worship. He wrote Psalms and hymns of praise. He even danced before the Lord.
• David could relate to every man in this room today. He experienced everything you experience as a man... And he usually excelled in everything he did. David can relate to us and most of us can relate to him. Now listen to what David said about “MEN BEHAVING...GODLY.”
READ TEXT PSALM 112