Summary: BY TODD BENTLEY. In this second article on how to open the windows of heaven, we will learn more about the open heaven, and how we can open the windows of heaven in our life, ministry and experience living in the increase of the supernatural.
Ministering Under an Open Heaven - Part II
by Todd Bentley : Jan 22, 2003 : http://www.freshfire.ca
How to Open the Window of Heaven
In this second article on how to open the windows of heaven, we will learn more about the open heaven, and how we can open the windows of heaven in our life, ministry and experience living in the increase of the supernatural.
The first real key to living in an increase of supernatural wisdom and revelation is found in:
13) They soon forgot His works; they did not wait for His counsel,
14) But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness, and tested God in the desert.
15) And He gave them their request, but sent leanness into their soul.
Or as in another translation God sent a wasting disease in the soul.
People ask me all the time how did you become so sensitive to the spirit? Really I have two answers. The first is found in the book of:
14) But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
The key to more spiritual sensitivity is the reason of use, through exercise and practice. The old law of use it or lose it.
Secondly as you heard me briefly share in the first teaching, I would soak or wait on the Lord in absolute stillness. Day after day I positioned myself in stillness and quietness, listening prayer and meditation on the Lord’s presence. I learned to quiet my mind of all business and when my mind did wander I would simply refocus on thinking about Jesus. After some time I began to receive visions and different prophetic experiences sometimes several times a day and many times everyday. I simply began to expect it when I came into the Lord’s presence. Did I pray and worship or do any other kind of prayer? Yes! but when I began to feel the Lord’s glory. I would simply lie on the floor and just “be there” in the presence, focused on Him in quietness and total surrender. After weeks of practicing this kind of silent prayer I noticed much more increase of revelation. The more I wait the more I receive. I wait as much as I can now. It is a lifestyle, sometimes 1-3 hours a day of quiet prayer and soaking.
In first Samuel chapter 3 we have the story of Eli, a closed heaven, and waiting. Lets look at it.
1 Sam 3: 1-8
1) And the child Samuel ministered unto the LORD before Eli. And the word of the LORD was precious in those days; there was no open vision. 2) And it came to pass at that time, when Eli was laid down in his place, and his eyes began to wax dim, that he could not see; 3) And ere the lamp of God went out in the temple of the LORD, where the ark of God was, and Samuel was laid down to sleep; 4) That the LORD called Samuel: and he answered, Here am I. 5) And he ran unto Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou calledst me. And he said, I called not; lie down again. And he went and lay down. 6) And the LORD called yet again, Samuel. And Samuel arose and went to Eli, and said, here am I; for thou didst call me. And he answered, I called not, my son; lie down again. 7) Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD, neither was the word of the LORD yet revealed unto him. 8) And the LORD called Samuel again the third time. And he arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And Eli perceived that the LORD had called the child.