Summary: Get the foundation and we can all be different You can also listen to this message at www.preaching.co.nr (March 2008)
Ministry Builders & Ministry Blockers pt 1
Before we can build, need something to build upon, a foundation, no foundation it all folly 100% certain to fall down.
1. No other Foundation for US to build our Life, Future, home, family, Church Upon other than Jesus ……1Cor 310By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as an expert builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should be careful how he builds. 11For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.
In Practical Apply It Terms in Life/Church Jesus is the Boss, What he says Goes,
2. Even more practical WORD says Eph 2 19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God’s people and members of God’s household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.
Paul says “I” have laid / put it down this church is being build upon Jesus,
Thank God every local church build on Jesus does not look the same,
A Legalist approach to church building would have us all the same.
I have built Upon foundation other who began the church, the foundation being Jesus, What I have build does not look the same. We are a Reaching, Teaching Releasing Church where we are In Partnership with Purpose recognizing peoples Potential to serve the Lord.
Active ministry in whatever role or function in local church or wider kingdom needs a personal elements that comes before and is even more important that the Call of God.
Personal element upon which a ministry can be build upon Jesus are;
1. A Right Attitude, Of course you need to be saved, Connected, Committed and Covered by a local Church
Eph 4:22You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
2. Attitude to the Work, Recognising What it is, its God’s Work, However insignificant demeaning in the eyes of to World its God’s Work, However simple / easy it may be for you It’s God’s Work. Note in OT Temple / Tabernacle Precise, Detailed, Care of priests who were in the work, God’s Work. Attitude to the Work need to be One of reverence / respect.
3. Attitude to Co Workers, Church brings us together with people not normally mix with or meet, people with problems, pasts, nice people, bad people, God looks at us the same.
Partners in the Work, a good partnership need Cooperation with & commitment to the People in the partnership.
Biggest blockers to ministry is wrong attitude to others, particularly those in leadership, USA like the UK has many problems churches, but One good quality many have is they know how to honour and respect and follow leaders.