Summary: How to solve misunderstanding
• Bill Smith, a country shopkeeper, went to the city to buy goods. They were sent immediately and reached home before he did. When the boxes were delivered, Mrs. Smith, who was keeping the shop,, uttered a scream, seized a hatchet, and began frantically to open the largest one.
“What’s the matter, Sarah?” asked one of the bystanders, who had watched her in amazement. Pale and faint, Mrs. Smith pointed to an inscription on the box
It read “Bill inside.”
• In the pre-World War I days, ex-President Taft had a reception at the White House which was attended by Government officials. Members of the Army an Navy, members of the Diplomatic Corps, and leading Washington citizens. As these lined up to shake hands with the President, the President’s tailor also fell into line. As he reached the President, the latter grasped his hand remarking, “You look familiar to me, but I can’t just place you.” “Why Mr. President,” he replied, “I made your pants,” “Oh, yes, yes, why how do you do Major Pants,” was the president’s reply.
• Arabian Proverb
The mistakes of the learned man are like a shipwreck which wrecks many others with it.
- When we are misunderstood there is the - COMPLAINT
- Israel afraid of the enemy -- Sentenced to 40 years wandering
Numbers 14:27 (KJV)
How long shall I bear with this evil congregation, which murmur against me? I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel, which they murmur against me.
- Korah over leadership - Rebellion - Ground Swallowed
Numbers 16:41 (KJV)
But on the morrow all the congregation of the children of Israel murmured against Moses and against Aaron, saying, Ye have killed the people of the LORD.
1 Corinthians 10:10-13 (KJV)
Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
Jude 16 (KJV)
These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men’s persons in admiration because of advantage.
Jude 16 (NKJV)
These are grumblers, complainers, walking according to their own lusts; and they mouth great swelling words, flattering people to gain advantage.
Philippians 2:14-15 (KJV)
Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
- Acts 5 Satan Without ---- (Ananias, with Sapphira)
-Acts 6 Satan Within --- v.1 Disciples
Acts 6:1 (KJV)
And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration.