Summary: A look at the need to delegate our money worries to God and how to do that.
WHAT IS GOD'S BIGGEST OFFER TO HELP WITH MY MONEY WORRIES? You can delegate them all to Him.
- These verses give us an incredible promise that God will handle our money worries if we give them to Him.
- That’s an awesome offer and one that we should grasp onto.
HOW DO YOU DO THAT?
1. Focus your heart on passionately following Christ’s teaching.
2. This includes His teaching on money.
3. When you have money worries, hand them to God in prayer.
- [Put in outline] The prayer I pray: “Father, You promised that if I put You first that You’d take care of my financial needs. Here is my need – I’m claiming Your promise.”
4. Repeat the prayer every time the worry recurs.
5. Watch your overall money anxiety decrease as you see Him show up time and again.
HOW MANY REASONS CAN YOU GIVE ME TO BELIEVE OUR FATHER IS GOOD FOR THIS? I can give you at least 74,000 reasons.
- [Put in outline, do before this point] The worksheet:
a. Seminary tuition: $2,000
b. Tax situation: $11,000
c. Adoption: $21,000
d. Corey Dr. house: $40,000
- This doesn’t include a $7,000 story, a $30,000 story, and a $10,000 story, just to name three more.
- That’s a lot of money! You ask, “How is that possible?” The answer is that money is not a problem for my Father. He is able. He is all-powerful and generous.
- He is good for His Word! He is good for His promises. He will come through for you, if you are putting Christ first in your life. He’s promised!
- Delegate your financial worries to Him! Trust Him to take care of you.
- Looking at all those numbers you might think that I’m rich and have a bunch in the bank. Nope. He’s provided what I’ve needed for the next step. He’s given me enough to handle what was in front of me. Sometimes the amounts were smaller; sometimes the amounts were bigger.
- I am 44 years old. I have no credit card debt, despite the fact that Karen was a stay-at-home mom most of our twenty years of marriage. It’s been tight sometimes. We haven’t always had everything that we wanted, but we’ve always had what we needed.