Summary: In 2002 we need to actively dispense more of God’s Grace, more Offerings to God, more Love, and more Forgiveness to others in the Body of Christ. Because the more G.O.L.F. we play the more we will impact our community.
More of you Lord in 2002 part 3
Thesis: In 2002 we need to actively dispense more of God’s Grace, more Offerings to God, more Love, and more Forgiveness to others in the Body of Christ. Because the more G.O.L.F. we play the more we will impact our community.
II Thess 3:5 May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance.
I Cor. 16:14 Do everything in love.
NEW BANNER FOR CHURCH THIS YEAR: “COMMIT TO PLAY MORE G.O.L.F. GOD’S WAY IN 2002.”
Bob brought in this booklet called Golf Digest this week that he got in the mail. On page 19 of this booklet is a page stating the 7 Keys to a good golf game. Listen to what they are and lets apply them spiritually to G.O.L.F. God’s way.
1. Start playing like you love the game all the time, instead of playing with dread.
2. Make a commitment to play every shot without the fear of what might happen.
3. Challenge yourself with each hole and every shot to see how great you can play.
4. Try to be more decisive, less hesitant and distracted, at the moment of truth.
5. Learn to accept bad results and then move on. Don’t give bad shots extra meaning.
6. Be more into doing your pre-shot routine than thinking about the circumstances.
7. Before every round, prepare to live the above process throughout the whole day and tournament.
(Author is Dr. Bob Rotella)
Video Clip: Legend of Bagger Vance- Clip when Junuah lands in the woods from a bad drive and he has to approach the green through the trees.
Introduction to clip: Prior to the scene we are about to watch, Junuah had caught up with the pro golfers he was playing against after being behind. But he comes to the hole even with the other two and decides to try to drive the ball to the green in two. Bagger advises him to ease up and play it smart but Junuah ignores him and he ends up in the sand bunker. When they get to the sand Junuah is prideful and un-teachable because he is telling everyone he will do it two. So instead of realizing while he is in the sand that he cannot make the shot he decides to drive instead of chip out of the sand bunker. Bagger tries to give him good counsel when he says, “There is a time to hit that shot and a time to leave it in the bag. Which time do you think this is?” Junuah chooses to hit the wrong shot. Harley tries to tell him but Bagger quiets him because Junuah is not listening. He is not playing the right shot. The result is his first shot hits the lip in front of him and his ball falls back into the sand trap. He tries again and this time his ball lands in the water. He is frustrated and the crowd moans in pain as they watch him. By the end of the hole he drops 3 strokes back. This brings us up to where the clip picks up.