Summary: Four Who Questions: 1. Questioned-v.31 2. Accused-v.33 3. Condemned-v.34 4. Removed-v.35
- Japan was empire building at the end of the 30’s so US put an embargo on oil & steel.
- Dec. 7 1941 Japan’s surprise attack on Pearl Harbor so they could focus on new resources to cripple US
- Japan had an army of 2 million strong stationed in the home islands guarding against invasion.
- American soldiers and civilians were weary from four years of war, yet the Japanese military was refusing to give up their fight.
- July 26 1945, the United States called for a surrender of Japan
- If they would not surrender Japan would meet with "prompt and utter destruction". – (More than conquerors)
- The Japanese government ignored this ultimatum.
- American airmen dropped Little Boy on the city of Hiroshima
- August 6 1945, followed by Fat Man over Nagasaki on August 9.
- On 15 August, six days after the bombing of Nagasaki, Japan announced its surrender to the Allies
- Result 90,000–166,000 killed in Hiroshima
- 60,000–80,000 killed in Nagasaki
- Total: 150,000–246,000+ Japanese killed
- Casualties to the US None
- Today Japan is an allied with USA
- Now US is more than conquerors
- Individually we need to be more than conquerors
Ro. 8:31 – “What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us
- QUESTION - Where is God when opposition comes:
• From our BODIES … sickness, disease aches & pains.
• From PEOPLE … hard to get along with, will hurt your feelings, disappoint you.
• From CIRCUMSTANCES … things don’t always go our way.
- Keep From Getting Lost in the maze of a forest
- Use an orienteering compass
- Know the direction you need to go
- Set your compass
- Keep checking your bearing
Four Who Questions
v. 33 Accused
v. 34 Condemned
v. 35 Removed
1. Questioned – v.31
Psalm 42:10–11 (AV)
10 As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God?
11 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.
2. Accused – v.33
Psalm 112:7 (AV)
7 He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD.
3. Condemned – v.34
Romans 8:1 (AV)
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
4. Removed – v. 35
John 10:28 (AV)
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Who shell separate us from the love of Christ? v.35
- List moves from less trouble to greater trouble
• Tribulation? – That which comes upon us from without, oppression
• Distress? – From Within, Pressure, No room to move, Hemmed in
• Persecution? – Intolerance, Bigotry, Harassment To put to flight
2 Timothy 3:12 (AV)
12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
• Famine? – Hunger
• Nakedness? – Without shelter