Summary: The changing of the well established guidelines laid out by the Bible can lead be a detour to disaster.
Markers are needed to mark the way in, or into any new territory or frontier.
The markers left by Joshua’s men were seen and noted by hundreds to tens of thousands that would come later.
One of the effective means of deception in wartime is to change the markers and road signs. Veterans told us that this tactic was used by the Germans in WWII and especially during the Battle of the Bulge.
The Markers also set boundaries of lines or limits etc.
The Mile markers on Interstate Hi-ways are most useful to travelers and more so to emergency personnel trying to find places of accidents.
The markers or boundaries of God are set forth in his word, and are not only useful, absolutely necessary reach our final destination.
1.Our forefathers and the elders of the churches made the boundaries of our faith clear.
2. Newcomers are changing the markers. (They don't want to comply, so they set out to change the rules to suit their own way of thinking.)
3.God set the bounds for us on the cross of Calvary, and forever sealed it in the blood of the New Testament.
4. The "New Testament" is exactly that. (According to the dictionary; a testament is legal instructions telling everyone involved, what to do after one's death. Such as the distribution of one's property. And what steps and or measures are to be taken in due process.)
5. Evidently some Church leaders don't like it; for some are constantly trying to find, or seek out a new and different meaning for too many things.
6. The confusion caused by these tactics, is not confined to the church only. It is a major factor in the loss of interest in the church by sinners. (If we can't come together in peace and love, how do we expect to convince the sinners that we possess these things that Jesus commanded us to have.)
7. We are commanded to abide by the book. We have no need of any other form of road map, or instructions other than those set forth by Jesus. His Apostles were commanded by him to preach the same message throughout the World.
We do not stand alone, for God with us every step of the way he ordained for us.
Isaiah 43: (KJV)
2: When Thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when Thou walkest through the fire, Thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
3: For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: