Summary: Roman Catholic & Islam.
- It has been said that politics and religion don’t mix
- Iran is primarily run by the religious clerics
- Today the foundation being laid for a one-world religion.
- BBC Tuesday, 3 March 2009:
The Vatican is sponsoring a five day conference to mark the 150th anniversary of the publication of Charles Darwin’s Origin of Species (Feb 10).
The subject is the compatibility of evolution and creation.
- The Catholic Church never condemned Darwin, as it condemned and silenced Galileo. Using his telescope to study the heavens, he became convinced of the truth that the sun, not the earth, was the center of the universe In 1616 he was condemned by the Inquisition for this heresy
❶ The Rising of the False Prophet
- Compromise of Doctrine
- Isaiah 55:6-7KJV6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: 7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
- Experience Based
- Galatians 1:8 “But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed”
- Broad Road to Salvation
- Matthew 7:13-14NKJV 13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Vatican’s 2008 yearbook of world’s population
- 1.3 billion Muslims 19.2%
- 1.13 billion Catholics 17.4%
- There is a thousand years of bad history between Christianity and Islam-from the time of the Crusades to European colonizationIs
❷ Is There Any Connection?
- Rejects the doctrine of God as revealed in Scriptures
- Denies the Trinity
- Denies the Father & the Sonship of Christ
- Denies the Deity of Christ
- May 14, 1999 - John Paul II kisses the Koran at the Vatican.
- Vatican II .... forget the past and to strive sincerely for mutual understanding
- FoxNews August 16, 2007 - Dutch Roman Catholic bishop Tiny Muskens claims that people of all faiths refer to God as "Allah"
"Allah is a very beautiful word for God."
"Shouldn’t we all say that from now on we will name God Allah?"
"What does God care what we call him?"
❸ Connecting the Dots Between Islam & Catholics
1. Both believe that they are the one true church/religion.
2.RC and the Islam require mandatory fasting.
3. Both Revere Mary
- RC worships, prays to and gives titles of God to Mary.
- She is mentioned 34 times in the Koran It even names Sura 19 after her
- No other woman’s name is even mentioned
- Mary is mentioned more times in the Qur’an than in the entire New Testament
4. Salvation is through a system of works
- They deny salvation by faith alone.
- There is no assurance of salvation in either religion.
5. Both have a Jesus who cannot save
- RC doctrine dictates that one must go to Purgatory to have his sins purged,
- The Muslims believe their works will save them but will not know until Judgment Day.
6. RC uses a rosary for their prayers
- Islam uses prayer beads.
- The rosary/prayer beads are concepts taken from paganism.
7. Both regard pilgrimages
It’s a means of obtaining favor from God.
❹ Don’t Be A Fool
14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. 15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
◆ Who Removes God
1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
◆ Who Trust Himself
26 He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.
◆ Who Makes His Own Decisions
- Proverbs 16:25KJV
25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
◆ Who Is Materialistic
- Jeremiah 17:11KJV
11 ... he that getteth riches, and not by right, shall leave them in the midst of his days, and at his end shall be a fool.
◆ Who Mocks Sin
- Proverbs 14:9KJV
9 Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favour.
We must beware of those who would try to turn our faith from Jesus to other things