Summary: When people see you coming, do they say, "Praise the Lord, here comes Sunshine?" or do they regret your entrance by saying, "Oh no, here comes Mr. Cloud!"
Text: (Jude 1:12 KJV) These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
>(Jude 1:13 KJV) Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.
Title: “Mister Cloud or Mister Sunshine, Which one are you?”
Introduction: Have you ever had a good day spoiled by a black cloud?
When people see you coming, they say one of two things, “Praise the Lord, Mr. Sunshine is coming my way.” Or “Oh no, here comes the cloud.”
Point Number One: A description of Mister Cloud:
1. They are only concerned with number one… themselves.
(Jude 1:12 KJV) These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear:
2. They suck the warmth out of the room.
… clouds they are without water…
3. They do not know the meaning of the word commitment.
…carried about of winds...
4. They put on a false front to everyone else.
…trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit…
5. They have no joy in their life.
…twice dead, plucked up by the roots…
6. They are angry all the time, and they don’t care who they hurt.
(Jude 1:13 KJV) Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame…
7. They are black empty clouds, wallowing in their depression.
…wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.
An illustration of a black cloud:
Instead of rejoicing with David in his victory over Goliath, King Saul, (The Black Cloud), became jealous of David and threw a Javelin at him!
>(1 Sam 18:11 KJV) And Saul cast the javelin; for he said, I will smite David even to the wall with it. And David avoided out of his presence twice.
It is sin that makes a black cloud of us.
>(Jude 1:18 KJV) How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
(Jude 1:19 KJV) These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
Point number two: A description of Mister Sunshine:
1. (Jude 1:20 KJV) But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith…
Question: Are you growing in grace?
2. …praying in the Holy Ghost,…
Question: Do you look forward to your prayer fellowship with the Holy Spirit?
3. (Jude 1:21 KJV) Keep yourselves in the love of God…
Question: Do you continually sing songs of praise unto the Lord?
4. …looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
Question: Are you daily making investments in your eternal home?
5. (Jude 1:22,23) And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Question: Do you ever invite anyone to come to Church with you?
An example of Mister Sunshine: Jonathan
Note the difference between King Saul (The Black Cloud) and his Son Jonathan (Mister Sunshine) following the exact same experience!
(1 Sam 18:1 KJV) And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.