Summary: The spirit of Pharaoh is a destiny terminator. Pharaoh was the one that gave instruction that all male children of the Israelites must die and baby Moses was going to be eliminated but for God’s intervention.
MY PHARAOH MUST DIE
Dr. D. K. Olukoya
The message for this week is a prophetic one. Let us look at few scriptures. In Exodus 15:9-12, we read about Pharaoh’s vow and the reaction of God Almighty. Psalm 18:37 also says, “I have pursued mine enemies, and overtaken them: neither did I turn again till they were consumed.”
Many years ago, as a woman in a labour room was about to give birth, a red feathered bird flew into the labour ward. The bird spent a little time, looked at everyone there and flew out. The woman did not see the bird again until the wedding day of the girl in his full maturity. At the reception hall, the red feather bird came again, landed on the reception table, looked at everyone and flew out. The girl that has just got married did not know anything about the red feathered bird but the mother remembered that she had seen the bird somewhere. It occurred to her that it was during the time she was about to give birth to the girl. Nobody saw that bird again until the girl who got married was about to give birth in a hospital. This bird flew in as usual and was looking at this woman who had just been delivered of a baby. The nurses saw the bird and wondered what it was doing in the labour ward. So they closed all the windows and used sticks to beat it to death. In their attempt to do this, they completely forgot the woman who had just been delivered of a baby. By the time they turned again to her, she had died. Something began to pursue her right from the day she was born unto the grave. That is one of the characteristics of Pharaoh.
What then is the meaning of "Pharaoh"?
"Pharaoh" means the son of the sun. The Egyptian kings were regarded as gods and the name Pharaoh has to do with destruction of good things in their infancy.
1. The spirit of Pharaoh is a destiny terminator. Pharaoh was the one that gave instruction that all male children of the Israelites must die and baby Moses was going to be eliminated but for God’s intervention.
2. It is the spirit behind hardened enemies. Pharaoh’s heart was so hardened that the Lord had to bombard him with ten plagues, and even after the ten plagues, he still pursued the Israelites.
3. It is the strongman leading an evil army against the people of God. If you have dreamt of a crowd coming to fight against you, the leader of that crowd is the spirit of Pharaoh.
4. It represents enemies who want to re-capture us and bring us back to Egypt. By the grace of God, we have left Egypt. Whatsoever wants to grab a Christian and take him back to Egypt is the spirit of Pharaoh, and should be resisted with all the energy at his disposal.
5. It represents enemies that are insulting our God. You know when Moses went to Pharaoh and said, “Let my people go,” Pharaoh said, “Who is the Lord? I know not the Lord.” how ever,He knew the Lord when he got to the Red Sea. This is what will happen to your Pharaoh today, in the name of Jesus.
6. It represents enemies that employ sorcerers and magicians against us. They say, “Catch this person,” “spoil this marriage,” make this child dull,” “wreck this business” and so on and so forth.
7. It represents arrogant enemies that say, "I can do anything I want to do against you and there is nothing you can do about it."
8. It represents spiritual exploiters which use other people’s labour for their own advantage and advancement. Pharaoh held the Israelites for over 400 years and put them under hard labour.
9. It represents hard slave masters who convert people to captives.
A sister had a dream where somebody brought to her a big bowl of eba and okro soup-two things she hates so much, and commanded her to start eating them. She refused and said, “I don’t eat this. Even, if I want to, this is too much for me.” But the person folded her arms around her back and forced her to eat the food. By the time she woke up, her tummy was swollen. She did not know what to do. She went to the hospital and the doctor screamed at her saying, “You’ve had this kind of problem and you sat at home all this while.” She said, “This has just started this morning.” The doctor said it was cancer of the liver.
10. It represents powers that can draw power from the sun and from the water. You may wonder what this mean. Ezekiel 29:2-4 says, “Son of man, set thy face against Pharaoh king of Egypt, and prophesy against him, and against all Egypt: Speak, and say, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, Pharaoh king of Egypt, the great dragon that lieth in the midst of his rivers, which hath said, My river is mine own, and I have made it for myself. But I will put hooks in thy jaws, and I will cause the fish of thy rivers to stick unto thy scales, and I will bring thee up out of the midst of thy rivers, and all the fish of thy rivers shall stick unto thy scales.” As we read in Exodus, Pharaoh used to visit the River Nile everyday.