Summary: The spirit of Pharaoh is a destiny terminator. Pharaoh was the one that gave instruction that all male children of the Israelites must die and baby Moses was going to be eliminated but for God’s intervention.
MY PHARAOH MUST DIE
Dr. D. K. Olukoya
The message for this week is a prophetic one. Let us look at few scriptures. In Exodus 15:9-12 (quickview) , we read about Pharaoh’s vow and the reaction of God Almighty. Psalm 18:37 (quickview)  also says, “I have pursued mine enemies, and overtaken them: neither did I turn again till they were consumed.”
Many years ago, as a woman in a labour room was about to give birth, a red feathered bird flew into the labour ward. The bird spent a little time, looked at everyone there and flew out. The woman did not see the bird again until the wedding day of the girl in his full maturity. At the reception hall, the red feather bird came again, landed on the reception table, looked at everyone and flew out. The girl that has just got married did not know anything about the red feathered bird but the mother remembered that she had seen the bird somewhere. It occurred to her that it was during the time she was about to give birth to the girl. Nobody saw that bird again until the girl who got married was about to give birth in a hospital. This bird flew in as usual and was looking at this woman who had just been delivered of a baby. The nurses saw the bird and wondered what it was doing in the labour ward. So they closed all the windows and used sticks to beat it to death. In their attempt to do this, they completely forgot the woman who had just been delivered of a baby. By the time they turned again to her, she had died. Something began to pursue her right from the day she was born unto the grave. That is one of the characteristics of Pharaoh.
What then is the meaning of "Pharaoh"?
"Pharaoh" means the son of the sun. The Egyptian kings were regarded as gods and the name Pharaoh has to do with destruction of good things in their infancy.
1. The spirit of Pharaoh is a destiny terminator. Pharaoh was the one that gave instruction that all male children of the Israelites must die and baby Moses was going to be eliminated but for God’s intervention.
2. It is the spirit behind hardened enemies. Pharaoh’s heart was so hardened that the Lord had to bombard him with ten plagues, and even after the ten plagues, he still pursued the Israelites.
3. It is the strongman leading an evil army against the people of God. If you have dreamt of a crowd coming to fight against you, the leader of that crowd is the spirit of Pharaoh.
4. It represents enemies who want to re-capture us and bring us back to Egypt. By the grace of God, we have left Egypt. Whatsoever wants to grab a Christian and take him back to Egypt is the spirit of Pharaoh, and should be resisted with all the energy at his disposal.
5. It represents enemies that are insulting our God. You know when Moses went to Pharaoh and said, “Let my people go,” Pharaoh said, “Who is the Lord? I know not the Lord.” how ever,He knew the Lord when he got to the Red Sea. This is what will happen to your Pharaoh today, in the name of Jesus.
6. It represents enemies that employ sorcerers and magicians against us. They say, “Catch this person,” “spoil this marriage,” make this child dull,” “wreck this business” and so on and so forth.