Summary: in the timing of God he supplies your needs according to his Riches and Glory
My Season Has Not Yet Come
John 5: 1-8
This passage of scripture makes reference to a man who had an infirmity for 38 years and did not have anyone to help him in the pool when there was the stirring of the water so people were getting blessed before him though they were not with the infirmity that kept them from getting what they needed to get healed. What if I suggested to you that people will leave in your weakness just to get what you have been waiting for, for many years, they will literally step over you just to get there needs met when they know that you have a need yourself.
I see in the text where there were people who were:
1) At a place they thought they could get help (Bethesda - Mercy House) By the Church 5:2
2) Multitudes of sick people only known by their Issues 5:3 -Impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered.
3) A waiting place for supernatural manifestation 5:3
1) Blind - Luke 18:35 a certain blind man sat by the way side begging:
When Jesus of Nazareth passed by he cried, saying, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me.
2) Crippled - Acts 3:2Now a man crippled from birth was being carried to the temple gate called Beautiful, Peter and John Responded
3) Paralyzed -
4) Waiting for their blessing predicated on the season 5:4
In the text there was one man that was Lame for 38 years who came to the pool hoping to be cured by its miraculous waters; instead he was healed by the word of Jesus
Jesus: John 5:6
1) Saw him stretched out – Prostrate
2) Jesus didn’t see a faults he saw a need - spotted out a man with an infirmity for a great period of time.
3) Knew how long he had been there - Jesus knew that he had been in this predicament for a long time.
4) Jesus asks him "wilt thou be made whole?
his response begins as many of ours it begins with an excuse." My Season has not yet come….
God, unlike man loves one who will wait patiently for him to show up on the scene and take care of every need that he has heard you cry out.
Will every need be met, that’s not an answer that I could give you, but one thing I do know is that in the timing of God he supplies your needs according to his Riches and Glory
1) Saw you and has walked past the blind because they are without vision and have resources that you with your infirmity.
2)Walk Past the halt because they have activity that useful in part and can be people of resource
3) Past the withered because they have abilities to access their destiny though crippled
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.