Summary: God is a good, good Father and He has good plans and purposes for your lives!
MY STORY AND MY PASSIONS #1: FAITH
“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” (Heb. 11:1).
• One of the most important aspects of the Christian life is FAITH:
FAITH THAT GOD IS GOOD:
“But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.” (Heb. 11:6).
• Do you want to please God? Then you need to learn to walk by faith.
• What is faith? Not only believing that God EXISTS: James 2:19 says, “You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe--and tremble!”
• TRUE faith believes that God is GOOD – that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.
• How do we get more faith? By reading and meditating on the Scriptures:
• “So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.” Romans 10:17).
• The more you know about God and His nature, the more you will trust Him.
ONE OF MY FAVOURITE SCRIPTURES: THE GOODNESS OF GOD:
“1 A Psalm of David. Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! 2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits: 3 Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, 4 Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, 5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. 6 The Lord executes righteousness And justice for all who are oppressed. 7 He made known His ways to Moses, His acts to the children of Israel. 8 The Lord is merciful and gracious, Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy. 9 He will not always strive with us, Nor will He keep His anger forever. 10 He has not dealt with us according to our sins, Nor punished us according to our iniquities. 11 For as the heavens are high above the earth, So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him; 12 As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us. 13 As a father has compassion for his children, So the Lord has compassion for those who fear Him.” (Psalm 103:1-13).
• Sometimes we need to speak to ourselves and tell ourselves to praise the Lord.
• God tells us to not forget – to call to remembrance – all of His benefits:
• He forgives our sins, heals our diseases, renews our youth, He is merciful and gracious, slow to get angry, forgives our sins, has compassion on us like a Father on His children.
“By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to the place which he would receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going.” (Heb. 11:8).
• God had a plan and purpose for Abraham’s life, and he stepped out in faith to obey God.
• God has a plan and a purpose for all of our lives as well.
• 95% of God’s will for everyone is in the Bible: Be kind, loving, forgiving, etc.