Summary: The baptism in the Holy Spirit / energizes in the believer / a power driven experience / that is expressed / in a daily walk in Christ / that is vibrantly full of life.
NEED FOR THE HOLY GHOST
Text: John 14:15-17
Intro: Spiritually fatigued?
Has the OOMPH disappeared?
Has the fire been reduced to only smoldering embers?
Delayed Spiritual Stress Syndrome?
Experiencing HSBDD (Holy Spirit Baptism Deficiency Disorder)?
Can we make a comeback?
Theme: The baptism in the Holy Spirit / energizes in the believer /
a power driven experience / that is expressed / in a daily
walk in Christ / that is vibrantly full of life.
A. Need of HS for the energizing of church congregations
1. anointing to be lively and bear fruit
2. Luke 13:6-9
3. Mt. 21:19-20
B. Please allow the HS to fertilize the soil of the soul.
A. Be baptized in the Holy Ghost.
B. Remain filled with & yielded to the Spirit.
C. Remain pure.
1. We are God’s Temple.
2. We abide in God & He abides in us.
3. illu: "We are like transformers that distribute the current and not store or absorb it.
When an impurity or a foreign body like a bird gets in the transformer, it self-
destructs because it cannot hold the energy.
Sin is like an impurity within a transformer. The preservation of the power-driven
life demands that we turn away from sin and daily live like Jesus."
____________Carlos S. Mora`n, Ed.D.
4. Allow His power to move in our daily lives
III. Continuance (extended, on-going work of the H.G.)
A. reproves the world of sin
1. Peter’s sermon (Acts 2:37) - "What shall we do?"
2. Gnashed on Stephen because of Spirit’s reproof (Acts 7:54)
B. comforts the Christian
1. in times of suffering
2. in times of sorrow
C. helps our infirmities
1. Acts 9:31 <----
2. our heavenly helper in a wicked world
3. His assistance is invaluable.
D. teaches us
1. "...all things...[ Jn. 14:26]"
2. This teacher does not make mistakes!
E. gives power
1. extraordinary abilities
2. the means to spread abroad the Gospel
3. where-with-all to resist temptation
4. to develop deep understandings of Scripture
F. searches all things
1. -- 1Cor. 2:10
2. Quote from The Biblical Illustrator, "Our knowledge is only the glimmer of light upon the
surface of the ocean of existence. Beneath are the deep things of God."
G. works all things according to His own will
1. This is called the "Sovereignty of The Spirit."
2. divides spiritual gifts as he will (1 Cor. 12:1-11)
We need the Holy Ghost to help us in our many needs.
There must be a harvest of souls.
There is no harvest w/o the H. S.
More than ever before, a need exists for a new outpouring of
the H. G. with the manifestation of speaking in tongues as a
spiritual reality for the 21st-century harvest.