God has given us a beautiful gift from the Holy Spirit, and yet it has become one of the most controversial topics in the church today. The Gifts of the Holy Spirit are still for today, they have not passed away with the apostles.
I don't think we have all come in the unity of the faith or arrived to the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect church. There is still way too much controversy and debating taking place, we as the people of God must KNOCK IT OFF!
1.RECEIVING THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IS DIFFERENT FROM RECEIVING THE SPIRIT AT SALVATION
A. The disciples at Pentecost were already intimate with Christ and His Spirit.
B. They received a seperate experience in the Upper Room on that Pentecost.
2.THIS EXPERIENCE IS NOT JUST AN ISOLATED EVENT FOR THE DAY OF PENTECOST
D. This is experience is widespread even today, around the world...
3.THE EXPERIENCE OF SPEAKING IN TONGUES IS TO BE HONORED AND COVETED
4. THE EXPERIENCE OF SPEAKING IN TONGUES WAS WIDESPREAD IN THE EARLY CHURCH
5. SPEAKING IN TONGUES IS NOT "GIBBERISH," BUT PRAISE TO GOD
6. TONGUES ARE A SOURCE OF POWER FOR THE BELIEVER
7. TONGUES ARE DIRECTED TO GOD
8. TONGUES ARE OF THE SPIRIT, NOT THE SOUL OF MAN
9. TONGUES ARE A SIGN TO UNBELIEVERS