Summary: Are you going to change your mistakes or continue to live the way you have been
1 New Years / the ending of 2007 / the beginning of 2008
2 Look back at 2007/ For others / For ourselves
3 A year is like a life span / It has a birth, a middle and a death.
4 Today what I want to ask is “What did you do with your life?”
• And what are you going to do with the New Life you have been given?
5 Part of New Years come with making Resolutions
6 What where your Resolutions for 2007 / How long did they last?
7 What are your resolutions for 2008? / And how are you going to treat them?
8 Today I thought it might be a good idea to look at some resolutions we can make to God
• To recommit to Him Spiritually
• A good place to start is by example
9 The believers form a community Acts 2:42-47
• Teaching and Fellowship
• Sharing in meals or breaking of bread (not limited to the Lord’s Supper)
• Met together
• Shared with those in need (Money but not limited to)
• Worshipped together each day / met in homes / (This was more than a once a week gathering)
• Shared their meals with great Joy and Generosity
• All the while praising God and enjoying the goodwill of all people
And because of this / because of their attitude / the Lord added to their fellowship those who were being saved. (Prerequisite)
(God isn’t going to send His New Children were they can’t be fed properly)
2008 is here /
• The old is gone / It has died / time for a new beginning / another chance
It’s the beginning of a new year /
• Filled with new challenges
• Need to start spending time with God everyday / By reading His Word
A new life /
• Filled with new hope
How are you going to live it?
• What commitments / Resolutions are you going to make / Keep for how long
• Are you going to change your mistakes or continue to live the way you have been
• Is this going to be the year that you give yourself completely to God
• The one who Gave His Life for you
• Or will it be just another resolution that falls by he wayside