Summary: The Living Water Jesus offers
Water is absolutely essential to the human body’s survival. A person can live for about a month without food, but only about a week without water. Water dissolves more substances than any other liquid. Wherever it travels, water carries chemicals, minerals, and nutrients with it.
1. Water helps to maintain a healthy body by increasing metabolism and regulating appetite.
2. Water leads to increased energy levels. The most common cause of daytime fatigue is actually mild dehydration.
3. Drinking adequate amounts of water can decrease the risk of certain types of cancers, including colon cancer, bladder cancer, and breast cancer.
4. For a majority of sufferers, drinking water can significantly reduce joint and/or back pain.
5. Water leads to overall greater health by flushing out wastes and bacteria that can cause disease.
6. Water can prevent and alleviate headaches.
7. Water naturally moisturizes skin and ensures proper cellular formation underneath layers of skin to give it a healthy, glowing appearance.
8. Water aids in the digestion process and prevents constipation.
9. Water is the primary mode of transportation for all nutrients in the body and is essential for proper circulation.
Nothing substitutes for water. No drink -- no coffee, no tea, no alcoholic beverages. Not even fruit juices.
Dehydration is the cause of pain and disease.
Most medications cover up symptoms and signs and complications of dehydration in the human body. Dr. Oz says its not always the aspirin you take that gets rid of a headache, but the water you drink to wash it down.
The Bible has over 300 references to water and another 80 on rain.
The Bible looks at water in many different ways, using it as a symbol of destruction (Genesis 6-9, The Flood),
cleansing (Exodus 30:18-Make a bronze basin, with its bronze stand, for washing. Place it between the Tent of Meeting and the altar, and put water in it.),
and spiritual need (Psalm 42- 1 As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, my God.
2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can I go and meet with God? ).
God recognizes our need for water and makes provision for that need.
Deuteronomy 28:12 The LORD will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands.
Isaiah 48:18 I will make rivers flow on barren heights,
and springs within the valleys.
I will turn the desert into pools of water,
and the parched ground into springs.
and Psalm 65:9 You care for the land and water it;
you enrich it abundantly.
The streams of God are filled with water
to provide the people with grain,
for so you have ordained it.[a
Isaiah 41: 17 “The poor and needy search for water,
but there is none;
their tongues are parched with thirst.
But I the LORD will answer them;
I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them.
The most common symbol of water is as a symbol of blessing.
One of the many passages in the Bible which uses water to symbolise blessing is Isaiah 35. Much of the book of Isaiah concerns Isaiah’s prophecies of God’s judgement on the sins of the people. But this chapter looks ahead to God’s glorious promises to those who trust him.