Summary: Noah found Grace
Genesis 6 8 "But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD." 1. Don't miss the boat. 2. Remember that we are all in the same boat. 3. Plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark. 4. Stay fit. When you're 500 years old, someone may ask you to do something really big. 5. Don't listen to critics; just get on with the job that needs to be done. 6: Build your future on high ground. 7: For safety's sake, travel in pairs. 8: Speed isn't always an advantage. The snails were on board with the cheetahs. 9: When you're stressed, float a while. 10: Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic by professionals. 11: Don’t focus entirely on the storm outside you might have a few woodpeckers on the inside. 12: No matter the storm, when you are with God, . . . . . . there's a rainbow waiting. I. The Sinful Generation 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And GOD saw
1. Man's Defilement that the wickedness of man was great in the earth Hab 1:13 Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he? Hab 2: 1 I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved. 2 And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. 3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. 4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith
2. Man's Depravity and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. It was Total every imagination, It was Tragic of the thoughts of his heart Pr 23:26 My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways. Deut 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. It was Timeless was only evil continually
3. Man's Damnation 7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. God's Decision And the LORD said, God's Declaration I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; God's Determination both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; God's Disappointment for it repenteth me that I have made them. II. The Seeking God 5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, Luke 15: Lost Sheep, Lost Coin, Lost Son All were Sought, Found, & Rejoiced Over God Is :-
1. Unwilling That We Perish
2. Untiring In His Pursuit
3. but...Unrestrained In His Punishment (Destruction) Proverbs 1:24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; 25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: 26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; III. The Saving Grace 8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. 9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God. Eph. 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
1. Noah's Worship ...a just man...
2. Noah's Witness ...perfect in his generations...
3. Noah's Walk ...walked with God... IV. The Serving Giant 22 Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he. Noah's Service Was :-
1. Demanding Service (build the ark)
2. Debasing Service (they laughed and mocked) 3. Discouraging Service (only 8 were saved) 4. Dedicated Service (almost 120 years) Heb 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith. V. The Securing Guarantee Gen. 6:18 But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons’ wives with thee. Noah Was :- 1. Secured by the Power of God (will I establish)