Summary: The Obedience of One Man and it’s results.
NOAH - THE MAN WHO WALKED WITH GOD Gen.6:1-9
A. The Book of Genesis is the Book of Beginnings
1. The Beginning of the world, human race,
sin in the world, promise of redemption
2. The Beginning of Family life, man made
civilization, nations of the world,
and Hebrew race Gen.4-11, 12-50
B. Gen.6 presents a very dark picture of the
1. Evil had grown rampant. It threatened
to destroy everything that was good.
2. Only one righteous man remained, Noah,
a man who walked with God.
I. WHAT GOD SAW Gen.6:5-6, 11-12
A. What God saw was SIN
1. So evil had the world become that
God regretted that He had made man
2. This does not mean that God made
a mistake in his dealings with men
3. Instead it indicates a change in
Divine direction. Num.23:19
"The Lord was grieved that he
had made man on the earth, and his
heart was filled with pain" Gen.6:6
4. This is what Sin does to the
heart of God. He sees it - then
He is saddened by it until we
confess it and receive
forgiveness from Him.
5. These people were obsessed with
sin v.5 very much like our
6. Sin begins in the heart, and then
like a disease infects and
affects the whole body -
B. God also saw a Spiritual Giant v.8
1. This is the first time GRACE is
used in the Bible.
2. God extended his unmerited favor
towards Noah as He does us today.
3. Noah is called a preacher of
righteousness II Pet.2:5
4. This is proved by his unquestioned
obedience Gen.6:22; 7:5
5. How the Church today needs
spiritual giants like Noah,
willing to stand up for the truth,
and not compromise to the ways of
II. WHAT GOD SAID 6:13, 17
A. God is deadly serious about punishing sin
1. He had given them adequate time to
repent, but his patience was wearing
thin after 150 years of preaching.
2. I Pet.3:20 speaks of the long-
suffering of God waiting in the
days of Noah
3. He still waits today, but one day
He will no longer wait.
B. God washed the world clean through a
Universal Flood 7:11-12, 17-24
1. Water from above and below engulfed
2. Here was the universal judgment of
God upon a universally wicked
C. When God says something, we better know
that He means it.
1. One Day Jesus is coming and the
earth will be burned up II Pet.3:10-12
2. Many will scoff at that promise,
but will be shocked and unprepared when
that Great Day arrives, including many
Christians who are not walking with the
Lord as they should.
III. WHO GOD SAVED
A. God in His mercy always provides a
way of escape Gen.6:14-16
1. There was salvation, security
and sufficiency in the ark -Like
2. The Door was open wide to all
who would believe the preaching of
B. There is always an Ark of Safety with
1. But so few avail themselves of
this great favor!
2. In the days of the Great Flood,
only 8 souls were saved I Pet.3:20
the strait gate: for wide is the
gate, and broad is the way, that
leadeth to destruction, and many
there be which go in thereat:
Because strait is the gate, and
narrow is the way, which leadeth