Summary: Colossians 1:27 (KJV). "To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory (union w/Christ): "
NOT I, BUT CHRIST
Text: Galatians 2:20 <----
Intro: *A Beautiful Verse
*A key to victory in the Believer’s Life
*Memorized it to testify when called upon
( then the verse came alive to me).
From an unknown source comes an article titled, "How To Be Miserable." It says, "Think about yourself. Talk about yourself. Use "I" as often as possible. Mirror yourself continually in the opinion of others. Listen greedily to what people say about you. Expect to be appreciated. Be suspicious. Be jealous and envious. Be sensitive to slights. Never forgive a criticism. Trust nobody but yourself. Insist on consideration and respect. Demand agreement with your own views on everything. Sulk if people are not grateful to you for favors shown them. Never forget a service you have rendered. Shirk your duties if you can. Do as little as possible for others."
Daily Walk, June 29, 1993.
Theme: Colossians 1:27 (KJV). "To whom God would make known what
is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles;
which is Christ in you, the hope of glory (union w/Christ): "
I. Three points for your consideration:
A. Consider the two personalities.
B. Think of their relationship to each other.
C. meaning of this new relationship
II. Consider These Two Personalities
A. I & Christ--a mystery in each of them
1. I = mystery of evil
2. Christ = mystery of godliness
B. Each is the medium through which another
greaty personality works. <----- An agency by which something is accomplished, conveyed, or transferred: The train was the usual medium of transportation in those days.
C. Unregenerate I is the instrument of Satan.
D. Christ is the instrument of the Almighty Father.
E. Christ in us is perfectly suited to acomplish the Father’s will in us.
III. Think of Their Relationship to Each Other ( 2 Cor. 6:14-16).
A. I & Christ
1. servant of Satan/servant of God
2. v. 14, What communion hath light with darkness?
3. v. 14, what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness?
4. v. 15, And what concord hath Christ with Belial?
5. v. 15, What part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
6. v. 15, And what concord hath Christ with Belial?
7. v. 16, And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols?
for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said ( Jer. 31:33 ),
I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God,
and they shall be my people.
B. Spirit and flesh are contrary to each other.
1. John 3:6, "That which is born of flesh is flesh..."
2. John 3:6, "...that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."
3. works of the flesh-Gal. 5:19-21 <-----
4. works of the Spirit-Gal. 5:22-23 <--------
C. Corruption cannot inherit incorruption.
1. Self is carnal (Of or relating to the body or flesh; bodily: carnal remains).
2. Christ is spiritual.
3. Rom. 8:6 <-------
4. John 4:24 <--------------
D. NOT I, BUT CHRIST
IV. Meaning of This New Relationship (Amos 3:3 <-----)
A. Put off the old man/Put on the new man
1. Eph. 4:22, "That ye put off concerning the former
conversation the old man, which is corrupt