Summary: In Christ, there is safety and security living for Him.
1. READ THROUGH v31-39
2. What shall we say to these things? WOW!
NOTE: It’s been a while since we looked at the beginning of Romans 8:1. It’s easy to lose some of the flow of the letter…
• But the CH started out remember, with NO CONDEMNATION.
• We are free in Christ to look forward, not looking back.
Philippians 3:13-14 (NKJV) 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
What shall we say to these things…? I’m NOT condemned!
• Everything is working out all coming together because of what Jesus has done for us…
• We’ve been foreknown, predestined, called, justified, glorified.
• God has been, and continues to be so good to us!!!
Philippians 1:6 (NKJV) 6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;
Psalm 138:8 (NKJV) 8 The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands.
IF GOD IS FOR US, WHO CAN BE AGAINST US?
• Because God didn’t spare His own Son, and delivered Him up for us all, how shall not give us freely all things.
• God IS for us… NOT against us.
That’s where Paul takes us through CH8… he wants us to be confident in God. To trust Him. To hold tightly to Him.
• Because even though we have great confidence in God, there are things in this world that come against us.
• There are Spiritual Enemies, Life’s Situations.
• We can even be against ourselves.
• All attempting to separate us from the love of God…
THEY ARE ENEMIES OF OUR FAITH, causing INSECURITIES & DOUBTS… We’ll look at 4 of them…
#1 – THE PROBLEM OF OPPOSITION. (v31-32)
• Every day, every week, at every turn there seems to be things that go against us.
• We could all take turns sharing the difficulties that we’ve faced, the hard things that have come our way.
• Life can be so hard & difficult… trials, temptations, testings.
• But our response to them is what really matters!
THAT’S the foundation of Romans… our response to the tough times in life will be determined by our understanding of who God is and how He loves us!
• We learn these wonderful truths about God so we can apply them to our daily lives! With God we are a majority!
• God is for you absolutely for you all the time and in control.
• His loving plan of salvation is life changing!
Where’s the evidence? V32!
• God who did not spare His own Son!
• That’s a supernatural revelation of the love of God!
• In my place and your place, Jesus died!
#2 – THE PROBLEM OF ACCUSATIONS. (v33)
• Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect?
Romans 8:33 (NLT) Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? Will God? No! He is the one who has given us right standing with himself.
Well, I’ll tell you, we have an Adversary who loves to bring accusations and charges against you and me!
1 Peter 5:8 (NKJV) 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
John 8:44 (NKJV) 44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.
SO even though no one can successfully accuse, that doesn’t’ mean that they won’t come… they will.
• Satan accuses, friends, family, enemies, even close loved ones.
• But in Christ, there is safety & security living for Him.
NOTE: That’s why it’s so important for Christians to live above reproach… above accusations. TURN OVER TO 1 Timothy 3:1ff
• Blameless?! Are you kidding? I’m not blameless!
• The phrase literally means, “there is nothing that you are holding onto in your life that you know is absolutely wrong and you refuse to deal with it through repentance.”
• You’re above reproach, so that when accusations come (and they will) nothing will stick to you. Because They aren’t true!
• A man that can’t deal with his own sin, is disqualified in dealing with and ministering to men with sins in their lives.