Summary: “How much more of a fool is the man that says there is a God and doesn’t act on it, rather than the man that says there is no God?” If society can get us to Laugh at sin than they can get us to accept it. This can be viewed on Itunes podcast or Video
American Idols – 4 “Nothing in Between”
1The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."
The New Unger’s Bible Dictionary gives this definition: “In Scripture the ‘fool’ primarily is the person who casts off the fear of God and thinks and acts as if he could safely disregard the eternal principles of God’s righteousness.”
“How much more of a fool is the man that says there is a God and doesn’t act on it, rather than the man that says there is no God?”
It is because we know of God, but don’t know God.
VIP VIP VIP
As Paul said in Acts 20:26-27 –“ I am not going to be guilty before God to not declare unto you the full council of God.”
So today we are going to investigate God’s word concerning Holiness – Holiness is intimidating and misunderstood.
What do you think of when you here the word Holy?
• Holy Water – not supported in Scripture and started by the catholics in the 4th century.
• Rules - Regulations
• No life - Boring
• Feel like a cat on a leash
Webster: Holiness is associated with a divine power – form of Godliness but no power…
Holman: HOLY - A characteristic unique to God’s nature which becomes the goal for human moral character.
Is Holiness our Goal, that which we are striving for?
”…Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy.”
”… we should be holy and without blame before him in love:”
1 Thessalonians 4:7 (NIV)
7For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life.
Hebrews 12:14 (English Standard Version)
14Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord.
1 Thessalonians 4:7-8 (New International Version)
7For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. 8Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit.
1. Holiness is: Nothing in Between.
Wh0000000000000000000000000000000000000000at is Holiness?
• Purity – not outward appearance but heart!
• Transparency – nothing to hide.
• Striving for perfection (Not perfection).
• To have no will of my own - Humility –
• It is being a peacemaker at all costs.
Exodus 3 - Moses
• When Moses yielded and removed the barrier God used him greatly. – Knew of God – until he removed the barrier could he come close to God.
• Holiness is removing the barriers of Sin and disobedience.
• Sin and Compromise separates and distances us from God
2. Holiness is a process, not a destination.
As Christ followers we should do all we can to grow everyday.
To go beyond the experience of accepting what Jesus did for us.
Hebrews 6:1 (AMP)
1THEREFORE LET us go on and get past the elementary stage in the teachings and doctrine of Christ (Strive for Perfection kjv) advancing steadily toward the completeness and perfection that belong to spiritual maturity. Let us not again be laying the foundation of repentance and abandonment of dead works (dead formalism) and of the faith [by which you turned] to God,
Salvation is the believer, caught in between what God has begun and what God is yet to complete.