Summary: Obedience is the key to growth
Pastor Jamie Wright * MFC * April 2, 2006 AM
Read, Pray, Witness and Obey. 4 Essentials, I’ve heard ‘em my entire life.
What is it to obey?
Obedience- being in agreement (harmony and union) with and submission to another’s authority and rules
It is a KEY to unlocking doors in the SUPERNATURAL!
1 Samuel 15:22 Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.
1. Observations about Obedience
-Wind and the waves obey Him Luke 8:25
-Unclean spirits obey Him Mark 5:8
Why aren’t people obeying God? There obstacles to our obedience
2. Obligation to Obey
-Obedience is not optional! But you have a choice!
Col. 2:6 NLT And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to live in obedience to Him.
-Disobedience brings defeat, discouragement and ultimately death
Disobedience is prostitution against God; it’s worse than the sin of witchcraft.
-Don’t delay- INSTANT OBEDIENCE -it must be a priority
3. Outcome of Obedience
-it produces peace
-it provides power
-it may be painful; will cost me something (It cost Jesus His life)
-freedom Romans 6:16-18
-fire Acts 1:8, 2:1
-future: your obedience to God today determines what you’ll be for God tomorrow!
4. Obedience Opens Doors- it is a key that unlocks doors into the supernatural
- it unlocks the door of blessing Deut 11:26-28
- it unlocks the door of healing Ex. 15:26 NLT
- it unlocks the door for things to happen Zech 6:15 (IF, THEN)
- it unlocks the door to prosperity Job 36:11-12
- it unlocks the door to promotion
- it unlocks the door to overflow Luke 5:5
- it unlocks the door to receive the HS Acts 5:32
- It unlocks the door for revival
AW Tozer- Have you ever noticed how much praying for revival has been going on of late- and how little real revival has resulted? I believe the problem is that we have substituted praying for obeying and it simply won’t work. To pray fore revival while ignoring the plain precept laid down in scripture is to waste a lot of words and get nothing for your trouble. Prayer will become effective when we stop using it as a substitute for obedience.
One step forward in obedience can alter the course of eternity for you!