Summary: For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Title: Obtaining Your Destiny II
Text: I Sam. 17:20-24
Intro: God has a destiny for each and everyone of us here today.
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
God sets the plan into motion but we have to walk the path to reach that destiny, and sometimes things may hinder us. Last week we talked about The intimidation of giants, how that Satan still will use giants of intimidation to keep us from reaching our Destiny in God. Today I want to encourage you to not stay in the retreat mode, but dream a dream and go out and face that giant down under the power of God and claim your Destiny.
I. Don’t Stay In The Retreat Mode
1. David walks up on these guys heading out to battle
2. Everyone Runs from the Giant
3. Maybe you have felt Intimidated by a giant in your life
- Fear grips your heart
• Afraid of losing your health
• Afraid of losing your family
• Afraid of losing your finances
- Giant of Doubt begins to shout at you
• God doesn’t hear you
• God doesn’t care about you
• God is not going to help you
- Giant of hoplessness
• No use, give-up
• You’ll never win
• Never see family saved
• Never enjoy peace
4. You may feel like you have been facing giants all alone, beaten down, defeated. Everywhere you turn another giant is standing in your way, And you feel that you are in a constant retreat mode.
- That is o.k.
- But don’t stay in that retreat mode
- Victory can only be won by walking out into the middle of that field and facing down that Giant.
A. You must see God For Who He Is.
d. Creator of all things
B. See Your enemy for who he is
C. Dream Dreams
a. “I Think I can”
b. See yourself the way that God sees you
5. Move out of retreat mode
- Israel stuck in the wilderness forty years in retreat mode
- God was trying to break the slave mentality
- He was showing them His power from the very beginning
A. They left Egypt with the wealth of Egypt
B. Red Sea Parts
C. Egyptian Army Destroyed
D. Hungry – Manna
E. Meat – Quail
F. Thirsty – Water
G. Cloud to lead by day
H. Fire of God Their night light
- But all they could see were the walled cities and the giants
- Rather than seeing Jehovah-Jirah
- Rather than seeing Omnipotent God in them
6. Dream Dreams of Victory
Zechariah 4:6 Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.
1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
• Not defeat
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
• Not Tragedy
Romans 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
7. David refused to stay in the retreat mode