Summary: What happened to the fire?
ON FIRE FOR GOD
What does the dictionary say about fire?
Fire----The active principle of burning, characterized by the heat and light of combustion.
A. strong feeling; excitement
B. to make explode by ingiting
C. to become excited or aroused
On Fire----#1 burning
#2 greatly excited
1. We have even probably prayed to be on fire for God.
2. We are said to be baptized with the Holy Ghost and Fire.
3. Now days when I look at the churches in our world------similar to the comercial that said where’s the beef------I ask myself, "Where’s the Fire?"
4. After Moses had been in the land of Median for 40 years, God spoke to him in the fire in a burning bush.
5. It was in the fire that God spoke.
6. I know-----We want to stop right here and be reminded that not only did God speak in fire, but also thunder, and be sure that we know He spoke in a still small voice.
7. There is one record of a still small voice in the Bible.
There are 19 times that talk about thunder of any kind in the Bible.
But fire is used 549 times.
8. God likes the fire:
It heats you up
It makes you move
Sin is burned up in the fire
Sicknenn is burned up in the fire
Disease is burned up in the fire
Purification takes place in the fire
9. It’s the Holy Ghost and Fire and it’s keeping me alive.
10. The extenct ingrediant in the church today is the fire.
12. In the 16th chapter, the Lord commanded Aaron to bring the sin offering and take a censer full of burning coals of fire from the alter before the Lord and put incense upon the fire before the Lord.
13. And all through the Bible you will fine this----but now days there is no fire!
14. And right away many would remind me that I am refering to the Old Testiment.
17. Who are the ministers?
a. In 1st Corinthians 4:1 Paul said we are the ministers of Christ.
b. In the 3rd chapter and the 6th verse he said----who hath also made us able ministers of
the new testiment.
c. In the 6th chapter and the 4th verse he said-----But in all things approving ourselves as the
ministers of God.
thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art
likewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
19. Cold won’t work----Lukewarm won’t work----God wants our fire burning.
20. The only way we can stay hot is to be ignited by the fire from God on the alter.
Let’s Gather Around The Alter And Pray