Summary: This is the 6th sermon in the series "From The Cradle To The Cross".
Series: From The Cradle To The Cross [#6]
1. The subject of baptism is controversial.
2. Today we will look at 2 types of baptism- Water and Holy Spirit.
3. We will also look at some different beliefs concerning these and put them to the test of Scripture.
Baptism By Water
1. Which statement do you think is correct?
ƒà Water baptism is required for salvation.
ƒà Water baptism is not required for salvation.
2. John the Baptist was baptizing with water for repentance of sin; so why was Jesus baptized?
ƒà Obedience to the Father regardless of what others thought.
ƒà Symbolized His coming death, burial, and resurrection.
ƒà Was identified as God¡¦s Son by God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.
3. Why should Christians be baptized by water?
ƒà Obedience to God regardless of what others think.
ƒà Symbolizes spiritual death, burial, and resurrection through Jesus Christ.
ƒà Identifies that person as a son or daughter of God.
4. A wedding ring symbolizes marriage; baptism symbolizes salvation.
5. Jesus Christ saves, not water.
Baptism By The Holy Spirit And Fire
1. Which statement do you think is corrects?
ƒà Holy Spirit baptism is required for salvation.
ƒà Holy Spirit baptism is not required for salvation.
2. Jesus baptizes with the Holy Spirit and fire.
3. Jesus¡¦ promise of Holy Spirit baptism.
4. The moment a person is saved they receive the Holy Spirit.
5. Jesus came to baptize with the Holy Spirit and fire.
ƒà Fire revives us.
ƒà Fire purifies us.
ƒà Fire consumes us.
1. If there is one baptism which is it? Holy Spirit baptism.
2. In order to have eternal life you must have Holy Spirit baptism.
3. If you die from this earth without Christ as Savior you will burn for all eternity in the Lake of Fire.