Summary: GOD IS IN THE CORRECTIVE VISION BUSINESS! GOD IS IN THE EYE-OPENING BUSINESS! WHEN GOD OPENS EYES, THINGS BECOME VERY, VERY CLEAR.
How many of you wear glasses, contacts, or have had Laser Eye Surgery to correct a vision difficulty?
Now you can see BETTER!
When I was in the First Grade, one day while walking home from school I began running through a backyard only to find myself flat on my back after having run straight into a clothes line!
The clothes line caught me in the neck and flipped me completely over on to my back! I didn’t see the thing. I’ve been wearing glasses ever since!
People are spending millions and millions of dollars to improve their physical vision.
They are spending money on technologically advanced eye exams, better frames, lenses, contacts, and now, Laser Eye Surgery.
NO EXPENSE SEEMS TO BE TOO GREAT!
THE EYES HAVE IT!
There are several levels of VISION IMPAIRMENTS
ranging from low vision to blindness.
Symptoms of low vision include dimness, haziness, extreme far-sightedness or near-sightedness, color blindness, and tunnel vision.
Farsightedness: to be able to see distant objects better than nearby ones.
Nearsightedness: unable to see clearly objects that are far away.
Impaired Vision = to lessen quality, strength, or effectiveness
Examples of Impaired Vision:
Have you ever stubbed your toe after getting up in the middle of the night, not taking the time to turn on the nearby light?
That’s simply lazy! I’ve done it and endured a lot of undue pain.
• Lazy Vision = unwilling to do any work or make an effort – if I would have just turned on the light!
“Without a vision the people perish…”
In order to have a vision we must "GET IT".
Getting requires work.
• Negligent Vision = habitually careless or irresponsible; guilty of failing to provide a proper or reasonable level of care; casual
• Inattentive Vision = not paying attention; preoccupied
• Obstructed Vision = something or somebody that causes or forms a blockage or hindrance
- A root of bitterness
• Rebellious / Prideful Vision = opposing or defying authority, accepted moral codes, or social conventions
Pushing YOUR AGENDA THROUGH out of season – opposing wise council.
• Blurred Vision = something that cannot be seen clearly, for example, because it moves too quickly or because it is not distinctly remembered
• Selective / Tunnel Vision =
Jesus said, “You are My friends if you do WHATEVER I command you.” - Jn. 15:14
GOOD PLACES TO BE:
• Cautious Vision = having or showing care, thoughtfulness, restraint, and lack of haste
Able to see Pikes Peak from Boulder, CO
(Over 135 Miles!)
Clear Vision = free from obstruction or anything that darkens; able to be seen through
Let’s say that last phrase together;
"And immediately their eyes received sight and they followed Him."
GOD IS IN THE CORRECTIVE VISION BUSINESS!
GOD IS IN THE EYE-OPENING BUSINESS!
WHEN GOD OPENS EYES, THINGS BECOME VERY, VERY CLEAR!
God is doing more behind our backs than in front of our faces!
Things are not always what they appear to be!
HOW IS YOUR SPIRITUAL SIGHT?