Summary: Jesus life mission was to seek and save the lost. He did that with 12 Disciples, that he trained and taught to do the same. I doubt that Jesus wanted that to sop with them. We need to do it TODAY... and in order to get it done we have to operate as ONE
Operating as one
Philippians 2 [1-11]
1 Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ? Any comfort from his love? Any fellowship together in the Spirit? Are your hearts tender and compassionate? 2 Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose.3 Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. 4 Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.5 You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.6 Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.7 Instead, he gave up his divine privileges*;he took the humble position of a slave*and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form, 8 he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross. 9 Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names,10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
FOCUS:WE have to help our people understand the concept of ONE
I..We must be sure [verse 1-2] [First two verses are quest of assurance]
• Be certain of who you are in Christ
1. “Know in your knower” that you are called by God.
2. Every person who god puts in our lives needs to understand that God has purpose for their life.
3. You might not look or sound like someone else, but there is a purpose for their life..
4. God chose different people for different areas.
• Find your calling.
1. Each person has different callings. (different gifts)
2. find out what that gift is, and work in that area. (I don’t cook, so evidently im not in the cooking club)
3. It doesn’t matter where God put us, what matters is what we do when we get put there.
4. Everyone cannot be part of the same ministry.
5. This is the joy of attending an international church, different people with different skills and talents.
6. With those diff. we can reach different people.
• Be sure of the vision (I don’t know epidemic)
1. As a parent there are three words you hate…”I DON’T KNOW”
2. We have to LOVE the cellular vision, If not, we will get the I don’t know syndrome
3. Why do you go to church, cell group, 144 meeting, levite, conferences….etc??
4. When Asked Why? Then I don’t know, then confusion will begin to be berthed.
5. Out of that confusion comes second guessing
6. James 1:8 talks about being unstable
II..No “I” in team [verse 3-4]
• We are to cover each other
1.With your word
Let your word be golden
If you say you are doing something do your best to follow through. (I am guilty of this from time to time)
2. In Security (without it, you will work in frustration, anger).
• With what we say and even in what we don’t say.
• Understanding our differences
• Understanding our faults.
• Build trust with one another.