Summary: Go wants us to know without any doubts that we are His children and that He loves us.
1. REMEMBER the contrast in this wonderful GOSPEL OF GRACE is between the LAW & FAITH.
• How do I relate to God? By faith or fear?
RULES, REGULATIONS… RELIGION & RITUALS.
• Don’t touch this. Don’t wear that. Don’t, Can’t, Shouldn’t!
• It’s the spirit of bondage again to fear.
• Think about religion for a moment and its lists of do’s & don’ts
• Following a system like that gives a person just one care…
• A person becomes only interested in the LIST, the RULES.
• In your mind, the LIST-GIVER, or the RULE-MAKER is cruel, and distant, and mean… especially when you make a mistake!
• THE LAW: brings with it bondage, fear, & condemnation!
But notice again v15, we didn’t receive the spirit of bondage but rather the spirit of adoption, the gospel of grace!
• Our relationship is with the Father, not the RULE GIVER!
• We live by FAITH, not motivated by FEAR!
• Grace brings freedom, confidence, and forgiveness!
NOTE: GOD reveals Himself to us through many different pictures throughout the Bible.
AS A MOTHER EAGLE STIRRING THE NEST
Deuteronomy 32:11-12 (quickview)  (NKJV) 11 As an eagle stirs up its nest, Hovers over its young, Spreading out its wings, taking them up, Carrying them on its wings, 12 So the Lord alone led him, And there was no foreign god with him.
AS A MOTHER HEN WANTING TO DRAW HER CHICKS
JESUS WOULD SAY: Matthew 23:37 (quickview)  (NKJV) 37 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!
AS A SHEPHERD WITH HIS SHEEP.
Ezekiel 34:11-12 (quickview)  (NKJV) 11 ‘For thus says the Lord God: “Indeed I Myself will search for My sheep and seek them out. 12 As a shepherd seeks out his flock on the day he is among his scattered sheep, so will I seek out My sheep and deliver them from all the places where they were scattered on a cloudy and dark day.
AS A HUSBAND TO HIS WIFE.
AS A BRIDEGROOM TO HIS BRIDE
Isaiah 61:10 (quickview)  (NKJV) 10 I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
• AND AS CHRISTIANS, we are called the bride of Christ.
Paul GIVES US ONE MORE HERE… God is our father, our ABBA.
• An Aramaic word that translates for us DADDY or PAPA.
NOW I know this can be one of the most difficult pictures of God for some of you because in your life,
• Your dad wasn’t there. Or was harsh & hurtful. Wasn’t reliable or helpful and just a plain bad example.