Summary: (Tieing in the Super Bowl) Victory Over: 1. Influence of People 2. The World’s Influence 3. Stress of Life 4. Satan’s Powers
- THE most popular and most-watched sporting event of the year.
- Super Bowl ‘47’ is going to be watched by an estimated 100 million Americans.
- Soccer is the most watched game in the world 3.2 billion
- Most valuable franchise in the world is England's Manchester United soccer team, worth $3 billion, well ahead of the Dallas Cowboys' $2.1
- Watched on 80” tv that cost $5,500
- Tonight 6:30 Feb. 3/13 live from New Orleans (last time was in 2001)
- The San Francisco 49ers & the Baltimore Ravens.
- 26 cameras will cover all angles of the game (including one on Bourbon Street and an aerial flycam), two jumbrotrons.
- Televised from two production trucks named Larkspur and Justice.
- Seven generators run the lot, each with the capacity to power a house.
- ESPN's Super Bowl coverage will have broadcast more than 120 hours of live programming,
- First time, two head coaches brothers face each other, Jim & John Harbaugh.
- CBS 30 sec. commercials go for $4M
- 1970 30 sec. cost $42,000
- 2012 average $3.5 million asking price
- Works out to $866,667 per second
- Or 2.8 million: 2-liter bottles of pop purchased, at $1.25 per bottle.
- Or 368,421: Movie tickets that could be purchased, at $9.50 each.
- Or 117: Cars could be purchased, at $30,000 a piece.
- Just to get inside the building, tickets will cost $1,800.
- Want the best seat available? Will cost $6,000
- If you really want to watch the game in style, you and 29 friends can spring for a 30-person suit and it will only cost you $315,000.
- Hotel rooms are going for $300-$800 a night
- 5 Days / 4 Nights Package at the Hampton Inn $5,500 per person
- While the prices may seem outrageous, they are actually 12 percent lower than the average ticket on the resale market for last year's Super Bowl.
- All this for 1 hour of game time that will fade away
- Vince Lombardi Trophy gathering dust in a trophy case
- What do these champions do for you?
The World Looking For A Champion
a. One that wins first place in a competition
b. One that is superior
• We don’t need Super Bowl champion
• We don’t need a Soccer champion
• We don’t need a Olympian champion
• We need is a “champion” in the biblical sense
- We need someone to “stand in the space between” own sin and the power of death.
- Champion found only 3x in the bible 1 Sa 17:4, 23, 57
- All to do with the Israel’s enemy the Philistines & Goliath
Aw but we but we have a champion that gives us the victory
1 Corinthians 15:57 (AV)
Influence of People
Psalm 44:5 (AV)
The World’s Influence
1 John 5:4 (AV)
Stress of Life
Romans 8:35 (AV)
Romans 8:37 (AV)
Revelation 15:2 (AV)
The Overcomers Trophy
An Eternal Inheritance
Revelation 21:7 (AV)
The Celebration, Cheer. High Five (well four)
Four Alleluia’s – Rev. 19:1-6
- Spectators of the Super Bowl never take part in celebration
1. Rev. 19:1 – Alleluia of Salvation
2. Rev. 19:3 – Alleluia of Vindication (judgment)
3. Rev. 19:4 – Alleluia of Affirmation (Amen)
4. Rev. 19:6 – – Alleluia of Coronations