Summary: God has a provision for us to enjoy a long life & productive life here on earth. It is in the covenant we share in Christ Jesus.
Our covenant longevity service!
Question: What is covenant longevity?
- longevity simply means living to your appointed full age!
- longevity for the believer also means, living to be above 70yrs!
- but covenant longevity is more than living to an old age; it is living a satisfying long life!
Question: what does a satisfying long life look like?
- long life is satisfying when it is lived in strength & health
- long life is satisfying, when it fulfils its calling & purpose.
Ex. 2 Tim 4:6-8
- long life is satisfying when it is enjoyed in blessings & influence.
Ex. Isa 65:19-23
- long life is satisfying when it leaves a lineage & posterity of grace.
Ex. Gen 48:1-3
- long life is satisfying when it has the assurance of eternal glory.
Ex. Heb 9:27
- you will fulfil your days!
This morning.... let us look @ "How to end the cycle of premature death?"
1st Service: break the power of death
2nd Service: stay away from presumptuous sins.
3rd Service: be intentional about healthy living.
4th Service: continually draw life from the supernatural.
1st Service: BREAK THE POWER OF DEATH
- according to the scriptures; death is a state, a personality & a force!
- there is a condition called death; there is a spiritual entity called death & there is a power that works out death!
Ex. Rev 6:1-10
- the dominion of death over humanity started from Adam @ the garden!
Ex. Gen 2:17
- but @ Christ resurrection, the dominion of death over the child of God was taken away!
- we are no more victims of death; in Christ, we are victorious over death!
Let's look @ 3 ways to break the power of death over our lives:
-a- remove the sting of death.
Ex. 1 Cor 15:53-55
- anywhere sin reigns, death is empowered!
- sin weakens the spiritual immune system!
- sin steals boldness & authority in prayer!
- sin allows demons to build alliances with natural pathogens, thereby establishing a stronghold in small diseases!
- we remove the sting of death, when we recover the fear of God!
-b- reject the fear of death.
- fear empowers a diagnosis to suspend your life's journey!
- fear makes the negative your dominant thought & life always moves in the direction of your dominant thought!
- fear refuses options that maybe divine opportunities!
-c- resist & destroy every death dealer.
- assassins etc.
2nd Service: STAY AWAY FROM PRESUMPTUOUS SINS
- defn: presumptuous sins are sins we take for granted!
- presumptuous sins are sins that don't look so sinful but are spiritually deadly!
Let's look @ 3 examples of deadly presumptuous sins:
-i- abiding bitterness
Ex. 1 Jn 3:14-15
-ii- wrong talk
- lack of financial integrity
Ex. 1 Sam 2:27-33.
Question: how do you deal with presumptuous sins?
-a- treat Gods word like Gods word.
- it doesn't matter attitude always makes matters worse!
-i- live in the obedience of truth.
-ii- be deep about conviction & repentance.
Ex. 2 Cor 7:10
- while the Holy Spirit doesn't condemn, his convictions are deep!
- grace isn't a license to continue in sin, but an empowerment unto right living!
-b- turn the table around with good works.
- if presumptuous sins can cause sicknesses practical righteousness can bring healing too!
Ex. Dan 4:27
- there are acts that trigger mercy & long life!
- do necessary restitution
- give alms to the poor
- sponsor kingdom projects
- be proactive about making peace!
-c- overturn the consequences of blood erased iniquity.
Ex. Rom 8:1-2.
Ex. 1 Cor 5 & 2 Cor 2:7;11.
- when sin is arrested, satanic authority is broken!
- take authority!
3rd Service: BE INTENTIONAL ABOUT HEALTHY LIVING
- life has no duplicate!
- a healthy life is a good foundation for a long life!
- when health is abused, longevity is reduced!
- defn: to be intentional about healthy living is to acquire & apply available wisdom for life preservation, good health & longevity!
Question: What wisdom?
Answer: The wisdom of intentionality about health & safety!
Let's look @ 3 ways of being intentional about living a healthy life:
-a- continually treat your body like a holy temple.
- recognise that someone supernatural lives within your body & honour him by honouring your body!
Ex. 1 Cor 6:18-20.
- defn: a temple is a place of worship & it is treated with reverence, care, sacrifice!