Summary: Only God has the right to decide who is going to believe. We need to go & share with everyone possible. The Spirit of God will convict, and there will be fruit! But we must go!
Outline for CBF October 18, 2009
Text: Matthew 28:18-20
Review Matthew 28:18-20 "Go"
1. Last week’s message in a capsule: "Go" means You & I get out and touch the lives of those who need Jesus!
2. It takes an effort to "go."
3. Church stuff can actually stifle the great commission.
a. We should all go; not just missionaries.
b. Generally one does not "go" while inside the four walls of the church building.
c. It behooves us to make room in our lives to go!
d. One way or another we must get involved in the lives of those who need Christ.
Summary the Great Commission
Connecting - “go”
Converting - “make disciples/ baptizing”
completing - “teaching”
TS. In the next couple of weeks we will address the rest of this commission. This morning I want to discuss THOSE TO WHOM WE WOULD GO.
TS. Have you ever been tempted to think that someone "could/would never place their faith in Christ," and been proven wrong? Tell about Mrs. Bright.
I. To whom are we to go?
A. Mt. 28:18 "all nations" was a shock to the first disciples!
1. To the Jews, the idea of making disciples of "all nations" was shocking!
2. In Romans 1:13-16, Paul tells us that he was debtor, to share, with all men!
a. "Debtor" indicated that he owed it to them. It wasn’t optional.
b. Notice what people Paul includes:
- every culture & religion (Gentiles, "other Gentiles)
- every strata of society (wise & unwise)
B. Some examples of the most unlikely candidates for a Christian:
II. How are we consider those to whom we go?
A. The Holy Spirit can win even the most resistant (Paul’s example).
B. God can greatly use even the least promising person. 1Corinthians 1:26-31
1. Mt. 16:18 "And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it."
2. Example of Margarita "Since you spoke with me, I haven’t had a moment’s rest. I just have to trust in Christ!
C. If we "go" God will lead.
1."Going" is not an option, it’s a command.
2.Everyone can go, not just missionaries.
3.Through the Holy Spirit, Jesus goes with us! "...and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Mt 28:20
Conclusion & Invitation
- the gospel is easy and it’s wonderful!
- learn it, study it, meditate on what God, in Christ, has done for us!
- It will become a "fire in your soul" and you will find yourself telling others!