1. Appropriate the fact that the joy of the Lord is your spiritual strength.
3. Pray and praise and rejoice knowing that Paul gave the Biblical admonishment to angry people, "REJOICE IN THE LORD ALWAYS. AGAIN I SAY REJOICE." (Phil. 4:4)
4. Remind yourself of your limitedless resources in Christ. Paul writes, "STRENGTHENED WITH ALL POWER ACCORDING TO HIS MARVELOUS GRACE FOR THE ATTAINING OF ALL STEADFASTNESS & PATIENCE JOYOUSLY. - COL. 1:11
5. Sing the famous song, "Joy to the world the Lord is come. Let earth receive her King.
6. Sing the famous hymn, "JOYFUL, JOYFUL WE ADORE THEE GOD OF GLORY, LORD OF LOVE
7. Sing the glorious song, "PRAISE TH:E SAVIOR YOU WHO KNOW HIM WHO CAN TELL HOW MUCH WE OWE HIM. GLADLY LET US RENDER TO HIM ALL WE ARE & HAVE."
8. Pray the prayer that David prayed when he felt sadness. "COMMTT YOUR WAY TO THE LORD, DELIGHT YOURSELF IN THE LORD, TRUST ALSO IN HIM ~ HE WlLL BRING
THINGS TO PASS." (Psa. 34:3-5)
9. Refuse to give in to worry or fear or discouragement. Many people and cirucmstances will try to break your heart if you let them, but don't let them. "DO NOT GIVE INTO WORRY OR ANGER IT ONLY LEADS TO TROUBLE. - PSALMS 37:3-6 (quickview)
10. Remember to think, pray and react to problems the way the apostle Paul did, "AS SORROWFUL. BUT ALWAYS REJOICING AS POOR BUT MAKING MANY RICH, HAVING NOTI IING YET POSSESSINC ALL THINGS. - 2 COR 6:1-12 11. Model the inner joy that Stephen experienced even while being persecuted for his faith and matryed. INWARD JOY OF STEPHEN NOT ONLY MADE HIM STRONG, BUT ALLOWED HIM TO PRAY FOR THOSE WHO WERE STONING HIM ~ HIS FACE SHINED LIKE AN ANGEL.
12. Remember that sorrow only last for a little while. David wrote, "WEEPING MAY LAST FOR THE NIGHT BUT A SHOUT OF JOY COMES IN THE MORNING.
13. Be careful that you do not let your sadness paralyze you from acting on what is true. "MELANCHOLY SADNESS PARALYZES ONE, BUT DO NOT BE OVERCOME WITH EVIL, BUT OVERCOME EVIL WITH HIS GOODNESS. - ROMANS 12:21 (quickview)
14. Remind yourself of the Lord's goodness, mercy and compassion and praise Him regardless of your feelings.
16. DO NOT THINK IT STRANGE WHEN YOU ARE GOING THROUGH VARIOUS TRIALS. KNOW THAT THEY ARE GIVING YOU GREATER IDENTIFICATION WITH OUR LORD SO THAT YOU MAY REJOICE WHEN HIS GLORY IS REVEALED. I PET. 4;12
18. Remember the words of the famous song, "O joy that seeks me through pain. I cannot close my hear to Thee. I trace the rainbox through the rain and feel the promise is not vain. That morn shall tearless be. - George Matheson wrote those words even though he lost his sight as a young boy and spent 30 years in darkness.
19. Remember the words of Fanny Crosby, the famous blind hymn writer who wrote, " Redeemed and so happy in Jesus. No language my rapture can tell. I know in the light of His presence with me He continually dwells.