Summary: TRAIN A CHILD IN THE WAY HE SHOULD GO, AND WHEN HE IS OLD HE WILL NOT TURN FROM IT (PROVERBS 22:6)
PARENTING 101: MAMMA SANG BASS, DADDY SANG TENOR
NOVEMBER 3, 2002
INTRODUCTION: GREAT THEOLOGY! KIDS STILL HAVE IT RIGHT!
1. Dear God, Please put another holiday between Christmas and Easter. There is nothing good in there now. Amanda
2. Dear God, Thank you for the baby brother but what I asked for was a
puppy. I never asked for anything before. You can look it up. Joyce
3. Dear Mr. God, I wish you would not make it so easy for people to come apart.
I had to have 3 stitches and a shot. Janet
4. Dear God, If we come back as somebody else, please don’t let me be Jennifer
Horton - because I hate her. Denise
6. God, I read the bible. What does begat mean? Nobody will tell me. Love, Alison
7. Dear God, How did you know you were God? Who told you? Charlene
8. Dear God, Is it true my Father won’t get in Heaven if he uses his golf words in the
9. Dear God, I bet it’s very hard for you to love all of everybody in the whole world.
There are only 4 people in our family and I can never do it. Nan
10. Dear God, Did you really mean, Do Unto Others As They Do Unto You? If you did then I’m going to get even with my brother. Darla
11. Dear God, I like the story about Chanukah the best of all of them. You really made up
some good ones. I like walking on water, too. Glenn
12. Dear God, My Grandpa says you were around when he was a little boy. How far
back do you go?
13. Dear God, Do you draw the lines around the countries? If you don’t, who does? Nan
14. Dear God, It’s O. K. that you made different religions but don’t you get mixed up
15. Dear God, Did you mean for giraffes to look like that or was it an accident? Norma
16. Dear God, In bible times, did they really talk that fancy? Jennifer
17. Dear God, What does it mean you are a jealous God? I thought you had everything you wanted. Jane
18. Dear God, How come you did all those miracles in the old days and don’t do any now? Seymour
19. Dear God, Please send Dennis Clark to a different summer camp this year. Peter
20. Dear God, Maybe Cain and Abel would not kill each other so much if they each had their own rooms. It works out OK with me and my brother. Larry
21. Dear God, I keep waiting for spring, but it never did come yet. What’s up? Don’t
22. Dear God, You don’t have to worry about me. I always look both ways before I cross
the street. Dean
23. Dear God, My brother told me about how you are born but it just doesn’t sound right.
What do you say? Marsha
24. Dear God, If you watch in Church on Sunday I will show you my new shoes.
25. Dear God, Is Reverend Coe a friend of yours, or do you just know him through the
26. Dear God, In Sunday School they told us what you do for a job. Who does it when you are on vacation? Jane
27. Dear God, In school we read that Thomas Edison made light, but in Sunday School
they said you did it first. Did he steal your idea? Sincerely, Donna
28. Dear God, I do not think anybody could be a better God than you. Well, I just want
you to know that. I am not just saying that because you are already God. Charles