Verse 33: And with many such parables spake he the word unto them, as they were able to hear it.
“Many (large amount) such (kind or sort)”
(a placing of one thing by the side of another; a comparison; something like unto)
(Conversed; Conveyed; communicated; to use words in order to declare one's mind and disclose one's thoughts)
1. Jesus…….the Savior
2. Christ……the Messiah…the Anointed
3. The Redeemer…..provider of redemption
4. Our Substitute….Sin Bearer
5. Our Victor…..over sin and death and the grave.
“……The WORD” What?
1. A word uttered by a living voice
2. The Word which embodies a conception or idea
3. The sayings of God
a. The decree, mandate or order of God
1. The moral precepts given by God
WHAT? ……… THE WORD:
4. That which is INCARNATE
5. That which is LIVING
6. That which INFORMS
7. That which REVEALS
8. That which CONVICTS
9. That which UNCOVERS
10. That which INSTILLS
11. That which ASSURES
12. That which SAVES
“……Unto them” WHO?
1. The PHARISEES?
2. The SCRIBES?
3. The SADDUCEES?
4. The MULTITUDES?
5. The DISCIPLES?
a. The RECEPTACLES OF THE SPOKEN WORD.
1. For INSTRUCTION
a. To be OBEDIENT
b. To be FOLLOWERS
c. To be DOERS
d. To be EVANGELISTS
1. SOUL WINNERS
WHEN? (Acts 1:5-8)
EMPOWERED TO SERVE:
Verse 5: “For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.”
THEY WERE MORE INTERESTED IN A WORLDLY KINGDOM:
Verse 6: “When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?”
NOTICE JESUS SETS THEM STRAIGHT:
Verse 7: “And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.”
THE PROMISE OF POWER
Verse 8: “ But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you:”
THE REASON FOR THE POWER:
“….and ye shall be witnesses unto me (LOCATION WHERE THE POWER IS TO BE USED) both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.”
THE WORD VEILED:
(Mark 4:34a:) But without a parable spake he not unto them:
THE WORD UNVEILED
“…..and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples.”
He expounded ALL things to His disciples:
1. “EXPOUND IS TO:”
a) Unloose, untie
b) Make clear
c) To settle a controversy
d) To decide, settle or
explain what is obscure
and hard to understand.
BUT………..THEY STILL DID NOT UNDERSTAND MUCH OF WHAT HE SAID!!!!!!!!
1. The RESURRECTION
2. They WERE EMPOWERED!!!!!!
1. YOU’RE AT THE HOSPITAL IN PAIN MANAGEMENT…..
a. Waiting to pass over to the other side.
1. It may be the other side of the room
2. It may be another office area
a. To answer questions asked you by one of the nurses.
3. It may be that you’re waiting for an X-RAY
4. BUT YOU’RE WAITING:
a. To pass over to the other side.
2. A child with a TOY DINOSAUR…..is playing on the floor
a. His mother looks at him real proud and thinks
1. That’s my baby!!!!!
a. BUT you’re thinking:
1. Why doesn’t he get up from there and behave?
2. Why doesn’t she make him be still?
3. Why doesn’t she stop him from making all that noise?
4. Why doesn’t the nurse come and get them?
a. AND TAKE THEM TO THE OTHER SIDE.
5. OR better still….why doesn’t the
nurse come and get me……AND TAKE ME TO THE OTHER SIDE.
3. A man seated across from you is:
a. Sitting leisurely in his chair
b. His ball cap is hiding or covering most of his face
c. Once in awhile you hear him as him snores.
1. You think:
a. Why doesn’t he sit up and stopped that snoring?
b. Why don’t he read a book or something?
c. Did he stay out late last night?
d. Why can’t everybody be as quiet and respectful as I am?
e. Where’s the nurse?
1. Why doesn’t she come in here and wake him up:
a. So he can pass over to the OTHER SIDE?
2. YOU THINK:
a. Why do I have to sit here in this pain and put up with this?
4. YOU LOOK UP…..and see the HOSPITAL GUARD AGAIN:
a. He has come back to the desk to continue his surveillance:
1. Of all those closet circuit TV monitors….exactly eight of them…
b. You try to get your mind off what’s going on.