Summary: Outline covering parallel events before the Lord’s first coming and second coming
“Patterns in Messianic Prophecy”
I. The Past Pattern of Events Prior to the First Coming of the Lord to Redeem His Saints (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John)
1. The Destruction of Jerusalem/Temple-586 B.C.
2. The Dispersion of the Jews-586 B.C.
3. The Jews Return to the Promised Land-516 B.C.
4. The Holy City Jerusalem Controlled by the Jews-516 B.C.
5. The Temple of God Rebuilt 516 B.C.
6. The Restoration of Priesthood/Sacrifices/Temple Worship 516 B.C.
7. Elijah-like Prophet (John the Baptist) Sent 29A.D.
8. The First Coming of the Lord 29A.D.
9. 3-1/2 Year Public Ministry of The Lord Jesus Christ (Four Gospels)
II. The Prophetic Pattern of Events Prior to the Second Coming of the Lord to Rescue/Rapture His Saints (John 14:1-3)
1. The Destruction of Jerusalem/Temple-70A.D. [Matthew 24:2]
2. The Dispersion of the Jews-70A.D. [Luke 21:21-24]
3. The Jews Return to the Promised Land-1948A.D. [Daniel 9:24]
4. The Holy City Jerusalem Controlled by the Jews-1967A.D.
5. The Temple of God Rebuilt-????A.D. (Matthew 24:15;
9. 3-1/2 Year Presence/Intervention/Last Half of the 70th Week of Daniel (Micah 5:5ff)
III. The Prophetic Pattern of Events Prior to the Lord’s Retribution of the Wicked at Armageddon (Revelation 19:11-15)
1. The Judgment/Purification of the Jews/Time of Jacob’s Trouble/
2. The Judgment of the Wicked/Gentiles/Day of the Lord
3. The Judgment of Planet Earth/Day of the Lord (Revelation 8-19)