Summary: These people are not in the spook house, but they are those who Rejects the Salvation, Resists the Spirit, Robs the Savior, Refuses to Submit, and Rebuts the Scripture.
People Who Scare the Devil Out of Me
Jeremiah 5: 2-13
1. We live in a day where people say one thing, and then do the opposite. “they swear falsely – no truth in them”
2. The majority of people do not know God or the ways of God and live ungodly.
3. They have “broken the yoke, and burst the bonds” that they used to gladly wear that made them servants of God.
4. We live in a nation full of people who have turned their back on God, and judgment day is coming!!
5. They have denied God. (V-12 “It is not he”)
6. The preachers have become wind, and the word is not in them. (V-13)
7. I am more scared of and scared for people, preachers, and places that have turned their back on God then I am the spook house or Halloween!
8. I’m so scared, I don’t want my family nor my church to be infected or influenced by them.
9. After reading God’s word, ungodly people scare the devil out of me! Let me tell you who they are. . .
Body: People Who Scare the Devil Out of Me!
I. People Who Reject Salvation
2 Corinthians 5:11 - “Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men;”
* We must communicate the terror of the Lord and the terror of hell in order to persuade men to get saved!
A. Torment in Hell is So Fierce
1. The Certainty of It
a. It’s Real!
b. It’s Ready!
2. The Crowd in It
a. The Worldly Crowd goes to Hell!
b. The Wicked Crowd goes to Hell!
c. The Wishful Crowd goes to Hell!
d. The Wavering Crowd goes to Hell!
3. The Character of it
a. It’s Larger! (Hell has enlarged itself.)
b. It’s Lingering! (It never ends.)
c. It’s Lava! (The fires of hell are hotter than ever before!)
B. Time Here is So Fleeing
Proverbs 27:1 “Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.”
1. One Day It’ll be Too Late to Repent!
2. One Day It’ll be Too Late to get Re-Born!
**People Who Reject Salvation Scares the Devil Out of Me, because they will go to Hell!
HELL! The prison house of despair,
Here are some things that won't be there:
No flowers will bloom on the banks of Hell,
No beauties of nature we love so well;
No comforts of home, music and song,
No friendship of joy will be found in the throng;
No babies to brighten the long, weary night;
No love nor peace, nor one ray of light:
No blood washed soul with face beaming night;
No mercy, no pity, pardon nor grace,
No water; O God, what a terrible place!
The pangs of the lost no human can tell,
Not one moment's ease ‑ there is no rest in HELL!
HELL! the prison house of despair,
Here are some things that will be there:
Fire and brimstone are there, we know,
For God in His Word hath told us so:
Memory, remorse, suffering and pain,
Weeping and wailing, but all in vain;
Blasphemers, swearers, haters of God,
Christ‑rejectors while here on earth did trod;
Murders, gamblers, drunkards and liars
Will have their part in the lake of fire;
The filthy, the vile, the cruel and the mean,
What a horrible mob in Hell will be seen!
Yes, more than humans on earth can tell,
Are the torments and woes of an eternal HELL.
II. People Who Resist the Spirit
Acts 7:51 "Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost : as your fathers did, so do ye."
“Resist” means to strive against; to line up against; and setting yourself up against.
To Resist the Spirit of God is to . . .
A. Defy Your Creator (You have tied His hands.)
1. God cannot benefit you when you resist the Spirit.
2. God cannot bless you when you resist the Spirit.
B. Despise Your Comforter (That scares me!)
1. Rejecting the Spirit of God is saying you hate Joy. (That’s what it gives!)
2. Rejecting the Spirit of God is saying you hate Jesus. (That’s who He is!)
C. Deaden Your Conscience
1. Dead to the Word of God which the Spirit Energizes.
2. Dead to the Witness of God which the Spirit Enables.
3. Dead to the Work of God which the Spirit Employs.
**People that can sit in church and resist the Spirit of God by not repenting, by never telling what God has done has done for them or means to them scares the devil out of me.
** If the Spirit of God never moves you are shows up on you, then it scares the devil out of me for you!