Summary: What does a person who has had a personal revival look like?
PICTURES OF PERSONAL REVIVAL
• Six Pictures of Personal Revival
Ps 92:12-15 - “The righteous will flourish like a palm tree, they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon; planted in the house of the LORD, they will flourish in the courts of our God. They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green, proclaiming, "The LORD is upright; he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him.”
1. A FLOURISHING SOUL - “The righteous will flourish…”
“The trees of the LORD are full of sap (well watered), the cedars of Lebanon which He planted.” Ps 104:16
2. A GROWING LIFE – “He shall grow…”
The evidence of spiritual growth is seen in the consistency of our walk with Jesus and healthy relationships with others.
3. A COMMITMENT TO THE HOUSE – “They shall flourish in the courts of our God…”
The Attitude of Jesus Towards His Father’s House
• He builds it. Mt. 16: 18
• He loves and gives Himself for it. Ep. 5: 25
• He adds to it. Acts 2: 47
• He confronts negative attitudes towards it. Mt. 21: 13
4. A FRUITFUL LIFESTYLE – “They shall bear fruit in old age…”
• Fruitfulness is not seasonal it’s a lifestyle.
• Bearing MUCH fruit glorifies the Father Jn 15: 8
5. A HEALTHY SPIRIT – “They shall be fresh and flourishing…”
“He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”
Jer. 17: 8
6. A RIGHTEOUS TESTIMONY – “To declare that the Lord is…”
The believer’s life that is flourishing, growing, fruitful and fresh – full of the sap of Jesus, influences and impacts their world.
MAKE A DECISION
I will be PLANTED
I will GROW
I will FLOURISH
I will be FRUITFUL
I will stay FRESH
I will be COMMITTED to the House