Summary: Powerful Living
Intro: the other day someone asked me, what is a Pentecostal church or is there any difference between the Assemblies churches and other protestant churches. Most Protestant churches have the same exact beliefs, the Word is inspired, Jesus is the Savior of the World, Heaven, Judgment, Eternity. Our doctrines in most areas are the exact same. But as Pentecostals, we have a few pillars of Pentecost, that are distinctive, today I will give you those.
Pillars of Pentecost
I. Exuberant Worship—John 4:23-24—true worship is in Spirit and in Truth. Over the years Pentecost is known for exuberant worship.
· Clapping our hands—clap your hands all ye people shout unto God with the voice of triumph.
· Raising our hands—lift up your hands in the holy place.
· Worshipping in the Spirit—worship isn’t just an intellectual thing, it is a spiritual thing. There is no such thing as a boring worship service.
Not a song service—we aren’t here to sing songs, we are here to worship.
II. Divine Healing—James 5:13-15 another pillar of Pentecost is that we believe in laying on of hands, anointing with oil and praying the prayer of faith to heal the sick.
· Signs and wonders are to follow those that believe.
· With God all things are possible
· Nothing shall be impossible for those that believe
III. Sanctification—Holy Living—I Peter 1:16—be ye holy for I am holy saith the Lord. Another pillar of Pentecost is we believe in pressing toward the mark for the prize of the high calling in Christ.
a. come out from among them and be ye separate—2 Corinthians 6:17—this is not a commandment to move out into the country away from people, but it is a commandment to life different lives than the world does.
b. Be ye transformed the renewing of your mind—Romans 12:2—
c. We should walk, even as He walked.
IV. Baptism in the Holy Spirit—Acts 2:1-4 when the day of Pentecost was fully come—
· We believe that being Baptized in the Holy Spirit is the last day promise of God. That we are vessels of the Holy Spirit. That we can communicate to God in our known language, and a heavenly language that only He knows.
· Pentecostals should possess supernatural joy—these men are not drunk as ye suppose
· There should be a fire, an excitement in our lives serving the Lord.
V. Rapture—I Thessalonians 4:16-18—the dead in Christ shall rise first, then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air, and so shall we ever be with the Lord
a. we believe the next great event in human history is the rapture of the Church of Jesus Christ—that Jesus is going to catch away His church, before a 7 year tribulation of the world.
b. We believe in the imminent return—meaning, that all things are fulfilled for his coming. We don’t believe we are going through any or all of the tribulation
c. We believe the rapture will be like a thief in the night, that many will be caught unaware, and will be left behind
Close: these are the pillars of Pentecost. Exuberant Worship, Divine Healing, Holy Living, Baptism in the Holy Spirit and the Rapture of the believers. We are full gospel, we believe everything in the Bible is for today, and is relevant. We believe anyone who adds to the book, the plagues in the book will be added to their lives, anyone who takes away from the book, their name will be taken out of the book of life.