Summary: This morning I want to focus on trusting God for everything in our lives. Trusting God means that we must lay aside our self and our plans and embrace the cross of Jesus Christ.
· This morning I want to focus on trusting God for everything in our lives.
· Trusting God means that we must lay aside our self and our plans and embrace the cross of Jesus Christ.
· To love God means to trust His power and not our own abilities to perform His will.
· He wants you to seek His wisdom through fellowship, prayer and the reading of His Word.
· God will always give you a vision that seems impossible to complete in your own strength. He desires that you will depend on Him.
· Let us look to the scriptures this morning as see what God says about trusting Him.
A. Trusting God means relying on Him to complete His will in your life.
(NKJV) Proverbs 3 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
1. God has already determined the path our life will take. Our job is to discover and align yourself with His plan and not create your own.
2. God has given you an assignment that requires you to rely on and trust Him to bring it to pass.
(NKJV) Proverbs 16 20 He who heeds the word wisely will find good, And whoever trusts in the LORD, happy is he.
3. Trust God no matter what you think or feel.
4. God desires that you acknowledge that you need Him at every turn.
5. Trusting God and His Holy Spirit in you means that you relinquish control to Him.
6. When you question God or try to do things on your own, you tempt God and show that you do not trust Him.
a. The Israelites tempted God when they questioned whether or not He was really with them.
(NKJV) Exodus 17 7 So he called the name of the place Massah and Meribah, because of the contention of the children of Israel, and because they tempted the LORD, saying, “Is the LORD among us or not?”
B. Recognize and give God the glory for what He has done for you.
1. Don’t take credit for what God has done for you. Give God the glory!
(NKJV) Deuteronomy 8 13 and when your herds and your flocks multiply, and your silver and your gold are multiplied, and all that you have is multiplied; 14 when your heart is lifted up, and you forget the LORD your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage; 15 who led you through that great and terrible wilderness, in which were fiery serpents and scorpions and thirsty land where there was no water; who brought water for you out of the flinty rock; 16 who fed you in the wilderness with manna, which your fathers did not know, that He might humble you and that He might test you, to do you good in the end— 17 then you say in your heart, ‘My power and the might of my hand have gained me this wealth.’
a. Let us take a moment and thank God for what He has done for us. (Praise & Worship Him)
2. God is the One who gives you the strength you need to accomplish everything.
(NKJV) Psalm 18 32 It is God who arms me with strength, And makes my way perfect.
C. God is calling you to Himself
AMP) 1 Thessalonians 5 24Faithful is He Who is calling you [to Himself] and utterly trustworthy, and He will also do it [fulfill His call by hallowing and keeping you].
1. Don’t do anything without seeking God first. Let Him be an active part of your life.
2. Your job is to stay connected to the Father.
a. God will fulfill the call He has on your life.
(NKJV) 1 Corinthians 1 9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
3. God has a proven track record, we do not. Put your confidence in Him.
a. It is God’s job to do what He said He would do through you. It is our job to be in agreement with what He said and position our self for the manifestation.
D. God will give you the desire, the ability and the talent to do what He called you to do.
1. God’s plan for your life will bring Him pleasure, satisfaction and delight.
(NKJV) Philippians 2 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
2. God wants everything He has willed for you to be brought to completion.
a. God is going to finish what He started in your life; He is under obligation to perform His will.