Summary: A sound mind is very essential and important in living the Christian life. Right Thinking leads to Correct Living. The heart refers to our Emotions and Feelings whereas the mind refers to our Thoughts, Thinking, Imaginations, Comprehension and Logic
TITLE: PLEASE, DON’T FEED THE FEARS
SCRIPTURE: II TIMOTHY 1:7
I don’t know how you feel about this Political Environment but it is beginning to wear on me. It seems as though there is something new going on and addressed in the media on a daily basis. To be honest I can’t wait for November to arrive and conclude the vote for our next President and put it in the history books. Don’t worry, I am not going to use this time this morning in an attempt to lead us as to who we should vote for, that’s not what the pulpit is for.
I do believe there is a spirit that has begun to move across our nation to cause some to fear and make a political decision based upon fear.
• Fear of Terrorist Attack
• Fear of Stock Market Crash
• Fear that Guns will be taken away from law abiding citizens
• Fear that Second Amendment will be Abolished
• Fear that our Nation is on the Decline
• Fear of those that don’t look or think like us
• When did we become such a Scary and Fearful Nation?
I have a simple message this morning and a reminder we need to keep our focus on the Word of God. The writer of this text reminds us we must have a sound mind through it all. Christ recognized His disciples had times where they battled with fear – as we all do from time to time.
• Fear is a powerful emotion the devil can take advantage of in our lives
• Fear is an emotion that makes us extremely vulnerable to spiritual attack
We wonder how so many in our nation can be following a particular Presidential candidate with some of the strange and blatant things that are being stated. We don’t need to wonder, for the answer is found in the Word of God. The adversary, the devil will take our fear, that emotion and use it to take charge of our lives and our thinking.
• Fear is linked with a lack of both faith and the fear or reverence of the Lord
• When we are afraid, we are not trusting God and often, fearing something or someone other than God!
• Fear is one of the main weapons the enemy uses to torment us and to dictate feelings and behavior
• God has much to say to those who struggle with the spirit of fear
A sound mind is very essential and important in living the Christian life. RIGHT THINKING LEADS TO CORRECT LIVING. The heart refers to our Emotions and Feelings whereas the mind refers to our Thoughts, Thinking, Imaginations, Comprehension and Logical Reasoning. Having a sound mind is very important because we move, make decisions and act according to the perception and comprehension of the mind. As the saying goes “What you think -- you are” and our eternity depends on “What think ye of Christ?” The believer should earnestly pray for a sound mind.
• As a young man I prayed for riches, wealth, corporate job, travel
• As a young Pastor, I prayed for mega Church, big cars and TV ministry
• Now, at 55 years of age, I pray for Peace of Mind and a Sound Mind