Summary: The greatest thing we can do in life is to praise God. Begin by worshiping Him for His supremacy over all predicaments, problems and people. Here are several attributes of God that are worthy of our praise
Praise God for His Supremacy -
The greatest thing we can do in life is to praise God. Begin by worshiping Him for His supremacy over all predicaments, problems and people. Here are several attributes of God that are worthy of our praise:
1. Shepherd – I exalt you Lord for being my Shepherd so I do not have to want. You make me to lie down in green pastures. You lead me beside the still waters. You restore my soul. You make me to walk in the path of righteousness for your name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil because you are with me. Your rod and staff comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil. My cup overflows. Surely, goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” (Psa. 23:1-6) Praise you for being the perfect role model for every Pastor.
2. Shield – I praise you Father for being my protective screen from all kinds of adversity, opposition and hardships. “The Lord is my strength and my shield, my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.” (Psa 28:7)
3. Shiloh – I praise you Lord for being the one to whom all obedience is due. “The scepter will not depart from Judah, nor the ruler’s staff from between His feet, until He comes to whom it belongs (until Shiloh comes or until He comes to whom tribute belongs) and the obedience of the nations is His.” (Gen. 49:10)
4. Sinless – I praise you God for being perfectly pure, blameless and holy. “God made Him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.” (2 Cor. 5:21)
5. Snare – I praise you Lord for being a trap for the evildoers and those who go astray from your will. “And he will be a sanctuary; but for both houses of Israel he will be a stone that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall. And for the people of Jerusalem He will be a trap and a snare.” (Isa. 8:14)
6. Solution Giver – I praise you Lord for the promise that you can work all things together for good as long as we love God and are called according to His purposes. (Rom. 8:28,29) Thank you Lord that you can use all hardships, temptations and problems for my best interests through Christ.
7. Son of Man – I praise you Lord for humbling yourself to the level of our humanity. “Jesus replied, “Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.” (Mt 8:20) I honor you Lord for your example of humbling yourself under the mighty hand of God the Father.
8. Song – I praise you Lord for being producing a song in my heart that sings of your goodness and truth. “The Lord is my strength and song; he has become my salvation. He is my God and I will praise Him, my father’s God and I will exalt Him.” (Ex. 15:2)
9. Source of Eternal Salvation – I praise you Lord for being the only source of salvation even when others do not acknowledge You as Savior. “And once made perfect, He became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey Him.” (Heb. 5:9)
10. Source of Strength – I praise you Lord for being my source of energy, might and power. “He will be a spirit of justice to him who sits in judgment, a source of strength to those who turn back the battle at the gate.” (Isa. 28:6)
11. Sovereign – I praise you Father for being sovereign, the supreme ruler, over all. “Sovereign Lord, as you have promised, you now dismiss your servant in peace.” (Luke 2:29) Dr Luke wrote, “When they heard this, they raised their voices together in prayer to God. ‘Sovereign Lord, you made the heaven and the earth and the sea and everything in them.” (Acts 4:24)
12. Secret Wisdom - I speak of God’s secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. No eye has seen no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him. But God revealed it to us by His Spirit.” (I Cor. 2:6-9)