Summary: Every believer has an obligation to pray for Israel in this evil world. What happen in Jerusalem shapes the direction of what happens on the earth. Remember, Jerusalem is the Throne of the Great King.
PRAY FOR THE PEACE OF JERUSALEM
1. Genesis 12: 1 The Lord had said to Abram, Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you. 2 I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. 3 I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.
2. Psalm 122 6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee. 7 Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces.
INTRODUCTION: PRAY FOR THE PEACE OF JERUSALEM (PART 1) TEACH
1. Fast & Prayer: Gratitude To All. Thanks For My Trip Also.
2. Illustration: Mother-In-Law Dies In Israel
3. Ayatollah: “Israel Is A Cancer That Must Be Removed From The Middle East.”
4. Go Through Presentation: Then Flow (Don’t Have To Finish).
One Cannot Read The Bible Without Noticing The Importance God Places Upon Israel And Jerusalem. Psalm 48:2 Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King. Zion is another name for Jerusalem. Song: We are marching to Zion, beautiful, beautiful Zion, we're marching upward to Zion, the beautiful city of God. Psalm 132:13-14 For the Lord hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation. 14 This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it. Ezekiel 5:5 This is what the Sovereign Lord says: This is Jerusalem, which I have set in the center of the nations, with countries all around her. Psalms 22:6 “Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. They shall prosper that love thee.”
The First Mention Of Jerusalem Is In Genesis 14:18 Where It Is Referred To As Salem (Peace) in reference to Melchidesec, King of Salem. When David captured the city of Jerusalem from the Jebusites in 2 Kings 5, he declares it the political and religious center for Israel. However, down through the centuries, Jerusalem has experienced little peace. Because of Israel's sin, Jerusalem has been attacked and laid waste many times. Since the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD by the Roman Emperor Titus, this city has been captured & destroyed by the Persians, the Muslims, the Crusaders from Europe, the Egyptians, the Ottoman Turks and the British. Finally, in 1948, Israel was given back to the Jews by British Mandate and became a state against all odds.
That Was A Miracle. Isaiah 66:8 Who has heard such a thing? Who has seen such things? Can a land be born in one day? Can a nation be brought forth all at once? As soon as Zion travailed, she also brought forth her sons. 9"Shall I bring to the point of birth and not give delivery?" says the Lord. "Or shall I who gives delivery shut the womb?" says your God. Israel resurgence as a nation is all over the Bible – Ezekiel 37. However, as soon as Israel was granted statehood, then her neighboring Arab enemies attacked her. The nation is still in conflict. Both the late Yasser Arafat and current Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas claim claimed Jerusalem as capitol city of the Palestinian State. This is not possible. This is why God commanded us to "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem?"