Summary: The promises of God pertaining to us and Israel will never pass away. Just as the promises of Israel are coming to pass, so will every promise God makes over your life. He has a promises to cover every situation you will ever go through - just trust Him.
Pray For The Peace Of Jerusalem (2): Standing On The Promises Of God
1. Genesis 12 (quickview) : 1 The Lord had said to Abram, Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you. 2 I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. 3 I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you. (7-Fold Blessings of Abraham)
2. Genesis 17:8 (quickview)  I Will Give to you and to your Descendants after you, the Land of your sojournings, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.
4. Numbers 14:15 (quickview)  Now if You kill these People as one man, then the Nations that have heard of Your fame will say,16 Because the Lord was not able to bring these people into the Land which He Promised to give them, therefore He slaughtered them in the wilderness.
INTRO: Pray For The Peace Of Jerusalem (Pt 2) “Standing On The Promises Of God”
Illustration: Mother-In-Law Dies In Israel
Genesis 9:12-16 (quickview) : What Does Rainbow Originally Represent? A creation of God proclaiming a covenant promise to never again judge the earth with flood. But the rainbow flag is now a symbol of gay pride. White House arrayed in gay flag lights June 26, 2015 when Supreme Court ruled gay marriage constitutional. God will never flood the entire earth again, as He will keep His rainbow covenant promise, but God will judge the Earth. What Is A Promise? A Personal Commitment People Make And Are Expected To Honor. Deuteronomy 23:21-23 (quickview)  When you make a vow to the Lord your God, you shall not delay to pay it, for it would be sin in you, and the Lord your God will surely require it of you.
Humans Make 3 Types Of Promises:
1. Concrete / Strong / Healthy Promises: Promises fully committed to keep. E.g. You can count on me. I will meet you for coffee at 8 am. I will complete my assignment on time.
2. Shallow Promises: Look like a strong promise, but an unspoken condition exists. E.g. Yes, I will go to the movies with you on Saturday if something doesn’t come up.
3. Criminal Promises: Promises we make but have no intention of keeping. E.g. I promise that I will marry you. (You have no intention to.)
The Bible Contains Three Kinds Of Divine Promises:
2. Conditional Promises. Philip 4:19 And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Jesus Christ.” Condition is the believer must be living for God & in submission to His will. Ps. 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord; And He will give you the desires of your heart.”
3. Unconditional Promises. Unconditional promises require nothing of the believer. John 14:3 (quickview)  “I will come again and receive you unto myself”. Nothing anyone does can alter His plans.