Summary: Warfare Prayers
PRAYER AS A MILITARY STRATEGY
Dr. D. K. Olukoya
Beloved, in this edition, we are considering a rather unusual topic. We cannot but benefit immensely from this discourse if only we read curiously with the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. We shall move straight into action by commencing with the following militant prayer points which you must pray fervently, effectually, and with spiritual violence, to enable them avail much for you.
1. I paralyze every evil hand pointing at my blessing, in the name of Jesus.
2. I withdraw every satanic instruction targeted against me, in the name of Jesus.
3. Enough is enough of hidden and open infirmity, in the name of Jesus.
4. Every evil river dry up, every evil shrine working against me, be roasted, in the name of Jesus
5. I crush every battle of the enemy, in the name of Jesus.
6. I refuse to be subdued by the forces of wickedness, in the name of Jesus.
7. I refuse to be fed with the bread of sorrow, in the name of Jesus.
8. I nullify every night arrow fired against me, in the name of Jesus.
9. I issue death sentence on all my Goliaths, in the name of Jesus.
10. My miracle will not die, in the name of Jesus.
11. My testimony will not vanish, in the name of Jesus.
12. My dream will not become a nightmare, in the name of Jesus.
13. Devil, you are a liar, you can not capture my destiny, in the name of Jesus.
14. I refuse to waste my divine opportunity, in the name of Jesus.
15. Every authority challenging the move of God in my life, be paralyzed, in the name of Jesus.
16. I break every agreement made between my parents and satan on my behalf, in the name of Jesus.
Exodus 17:8-16 says, "Now Amalek came and fought with Israel in Rephidim and Moses said to Joshua, Choose us some men and go out and fight with Amalek. Tomorrow I will stand on top of the hill with the rod of God in my hand. So Joshua did as Moses said to him and fought with Amalek. And Moses, Aaron and Hur went up to the top of the hill. And so it was, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed, and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed. But Moses hands became heavy, so they took a stone and put it under him, and he sat thereon; And Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side and the other on the other side, and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun. So Joshua discomfitted Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword. Then the Lord said to Moses, write this for a memorial in the book and recount it in the hearing of Joshua that I will blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven. And Moses built an altar and called its name; JEHOVAH NISSI, (meaning, THE LORD IS MY BANNER). For he said, because the Lord has sworn, the Lord will have war with Amalek from generation to generation."
There was a battle between the Amalekites and the Israelites. The physical battle was going on down the hill, but Moses knew that before you could get anything to work in the physical it will first of all have to work in the spiritual. So he fought spiritually. As he prayed, the battle came in favour of the Israelites, but anytime his hands were weak, the Amalekites prevailed against the Israelites. Looking at this beloved, you can see that prayer is an unnatural activity. So, it is not a wonder then, that the largest church in the world was built on prayer. If you have ever read about it, they have somewhere called "Prayer mountain," where people are taken by buses in their thousands, in order to avail themselves of the blessings and power that flow from prayer. Many people do not really know much about prayer before they practice praying. But the truth is that God’s power can only flow to people who pray and pray aright. The Bible says, "The Lord is a man of war and the LORD is His name." So our Commander- in- chief is a warrior and a fighter. Prayer is an important part of that war.