Summary: CONDITIONS FOR AN ANSWERED PRAYER
P R A Y E R
In Isaiah we read in Chapter 62:6,7 I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence, And give him no rest, till he establish, and till he make Jerusalem a praise in the earth.
We are urged to call upon Lord without ceasing and we are not expected give Lord rest at all. Regarding Prayer I would like to mention few points.
Five Conditions for prayer:
1.We should have a proper place for calling upon Lord. When we are alone it should be secret place.
Mathew 6:6 says:But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
2. We should have proper purpose for prayer: In Mathew 6:5 we see And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
3. We should have the proper relation with the father, we should believe that He is our father He will not give us anything which is harmful to us. Luke 11:11-13 shows the relation and the trust in Him;If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
4. We should have proper faith in our father that being sons/daughters our Heavenly father will defenitely give whatever we ask as per His wish. Psalms 55:16,17 says:As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me. Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.
5. We should have a proper, rather clean heart for calling up Mark 7:6,7 says: He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
6. We should be abiding in Him..."If ye abide in Me, and My Words abide
you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you." John
Five Commandments for Prayer:
1. Be watchful and pray. We should not sleep, but be awaken. We see in Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
2. Pray that we are not tempted. In Mathew 26:41 we read: Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak
3. Pray for Lord’s workers. In Luke 10:2 we read: Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.