Summary: What others dont realize is what it took to see those results...prayer, prayer and more prayer
The first thing that people think of when they hear about Pentecost is think about the results.
-The sound of a rushing mighty wind
-The tongues spoken
-The transformation and boldness of Peter
-The power of the Holy Spirit
What others dont realize is what it took to see those results...prayer, prayer and more prayer
#1. Notice that they devoted themselves daily to prayer.
What you think they prayed for?
1. For God to manifest His glory. That’s what happened.
2. For God to give them the strengh to endure. They were able to. Its seen in the book of acts.
3. To be able to remain in His will.
4. Fore those that needed to know Christ. Paul and others was a frit of that prayer.
5. They prayed for the sick. They were wittnesses of how Jesus did it.
6. They prayed for the church to grow. And it did.
#2. It took lots of dedication! -
- You can have your preaching but without prayer it falls on hollow ground.
- You can have your singing but without prayer its just another beautiful song
- You can have your shouting but without ptayer its only a show of emotions
To see real results you have to add prayer to all of that .
Paul said: "Pray without seasing"
#3. This kind of prayer doesn’t only involve asking.
There are other factors if you really want to see results
But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
9 “This, then, is how you should pray: "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, 10 your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. 11 Give us today our daily bread. 12 Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.a’ 14 For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15Or from evil; some late manuscripts one, | for yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.
1. Adoration – Praising God for who He is
"Our Father who art in heaven hollowed be your name"
2. Supplication – Ask God for His help and also for God’s will to be done
"Thine kingdom come thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven"
3. Confession – Admit your sins to God; ask forgiveness. " Forgive our debts as we forgive others who trespass against us"
4. Thanksgiving – Thank God for all He has done
"For thine is the Kingdom and the power and the Glory for ever and ever...Amen".
#4. The results of a good prayer life are seen afterwards on the day of Pentecost