Summary: Prayer is the most vital link between God and man. Allow that link to break and we are cut off from our commander on the battle field of life. Prayer is our vital breath.
Prayer- the vital Link
1. Besides Christ and the Holy Spirit, what is the most vital link between God and man?
1. Prayer, the most vital link between God and man
"At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:
For the Father himself loveth you… (John 16:26-27)
1. I believe a lot of confusion concerning the Christian life could be cleared if we properly understood what prayer is.
Why do I say that?
2. Prayer is foundational to the Christian life. Mess up here and you are messed up all over.
General Lee got his supply lines cut as he retreated to southern Virginia and lost the war.
No matter how valiantly you fight,
get that vital link cut and you are done.
Death inevitably follows
3. It is said prayer is half the battle, is that statement true?
Prayer is the battle.
"But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer." (1 Peter 4:7)
4. Prayer is the communication link to our superiors who are flying air support.
If you can’t radio what you need and where you are, forget it.
"Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms." (James 5:13)
Tell how I stood before a poster that Hope had put where one of mine always used to be and used my tacks to put it up. I went to prayer and God gave me the power to bless instead of curse.
The Lord awoke me with this verse and the following thoughts
“…he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." (Hebrews 11:6)
It is so good to have you join us this morning.
My Father is indeed the blesser and giver of rewards.
He longs to give His children gifts, and the greatest gift He gives, is the impartation of His presence as you meet with Him.
Remember what I have been telling you?
The Presence is everything. Go for Him.
My Father’s gifts never run out or are depleted. Your lack of time will be the depletion of His gifts.
Meet with Him often and receive.
The Presence equals the power and the peace.
In my presence, the Word says, is peace evermore.