Summary: “What must I do when I fall into a trial?”
PRAYING THROUGH TRIALS
PROPOSITION: Because Christ is omniscient, you must go to Him for help in periods of trials.
I. YOU MUST PRAY FOR WISDOM. v. 5
A. God wants you to come to Him.
1. God wants to give you assistance.
2. God wants you to be a testimony of His wisdom.
B. God wants you to come to Him without fear.
1. God will not reproach (scold) you for coming.
2. God will not belittle you for coming.
C. God wants to give you the wisdom you need.
1. through the Word of God Pr 2:6
2. through human counselors Pr 1:8
3. through observation of the world Pr 6:1, 6; 7:6-8; 24:30-34
4. through His working in your life. Pr 16:1, 3, 9, 33
II. YOU MUST PRAY IN FAITH. v. 6-8
A. Prayer that moves God is marked by “unwavering faith”(6).
1. Make sure your attitude is one of faith.
2. Make sure you want what you request.
3. Pray with genuine trust that God will respond.
B. Prayer without faith will not receive its purposed end(7-8).
1. It will rob you of wisdom.
2. It will provide evidence that you are two-souled.